Match Preview: West Ham 1-2 Eintracht Frankfurt Predictions and Betting Tips 28.04.2022
West Ham – Eintracht Frankfurt Predictions & Tips For Today, April 28, 2022.
League: EUROPA LEAGUE – PLAY OFFS – SEMI-FINALS
Match: 20:00 West Ham – Eintracht Frankfurt
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!West Ham – Eintracht Frankfurt Preview
- On the face of it, a 1-0 Premier League defeat at the weekend against Chelsea was far from ideal preparation for this UEFA Europa League (UEL) semi-final for West Ham. However, boss David Moyes managed to rest several of his big-hitters before this huge clash with Eintracht Frankfurt, as West Ham seek a repeat of history after dumping their German opponents out at the semi-final stage of the Cup Winners Cup back in 1975/76.
- The prospects of a good start in this two-legged affair appear strong as West Ham have lost just once at home in the UEL this term (W3, D1, L1), whilst the Hammers’ last home encounter with a German club resulted in a 3-1 victory against none other than Frankfurt! If it’s omens you’re looking for, Moyes is also the first Scottish manager to take charge of a team in a UEL/UEFA Cup semi-final since Walter Smith with Rangers in 2007/08, who advanced to the final!
- Frankfurt laboured to a 2-2 draw against Hoffenheim in the Bundesliga at the weekend ahead of their first European semi-final since 2018/19. English opposition in the form of Chelsea dumped them out via penalties in the competition that season, despite both legs ending 1-1, yet Frankfurt should travel to England full of confidence on the back of four wins from their last five UEL away games (D1).
- A famous 3-2 win at the Nou Camp ensued on Frankfurt’s last European adventure, and the ‘Eagles’ are now the only side in the competition that are unbeaten from the group stage through to this point! Two of the three teams that have achieved such a feat before them went on to lift the trophy, but with just one clean sheet across their last 18 UEL matches – and none across their previous five competitive games – Frankfurt may have to be firing on all cylinders in the final third if they’re to progress and counteract those defensive fragilities.
- Players to watch: All three of Jarrod Bowen’s UEL goals this season for West Ham have come in the 15 minutes following half-time, whilst Frankfurt’s Filip Kostić has opened the scoring in both of his UEL goalscoring appearances this season.
- Hot streak: Frankfurt’s last eight UEL games have seen both teams score.