Match Preview: Alaves 2-1 Villarreal Predictions and Betting Tips 30.04.2022
Alaves – Villarreal Predictions & Tips For Today, April 30, 2022.
League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 34
Match: 13:00 Alaves – Villarreal
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!Alaves – Villarreal Preview
- If Deportivo Alavés are to complete a miraculous escape from potential relegation, then they’re going to have to make the most of their three remaining outings at the Mendizorroza, where they have earned all but one of their last 11 La Liga (LL) points. New manager Julio Velázquez could now become the third of Alavés’ last four managers to win their first two home games in charge, a good omen perhaps for a side desperate to bridge the six-point gap between themselves and safety ahead of this round.
- Velázquez has been part of the revolving Villarreal managerial door too, but was sacked after just 22 games back in January 2013 and has since completed a full season with just two of his eight prior clubs to Alavés. A permanent top-flight contract will be the ultimate prize, and he made a solid start when recently steering Alavés to just their second home LL win since November (1-0 vs Vallecano), though they followed that up with a costly away defeat to relegation rivals Mallorca last time out (2-1).
- After a disappointing 2-0 away loss to Liverpool in the first leg of their Champions League semi-final, Villarreal’s chances of competing in next season’s edition of the competition look slim. Their 2-0 home win over Valencia last round kept their qualification hopes alive, but they were still left sitting seventh and nine points from fourth meaning that even winning their five remaining league matches might not be enough.
- A trip to Alavés might appear to have points potential on paper, but Villarreal’s away form this LL season has been far from consistent. In addition to their win rate of just 22% as visiting favourites (W2, D2, L5), Unai Emery’s side have already lost two league clashes away to relegation contenders: 1-0 at Cádiz and 2-0 at Levante.
- Players to watch: One of Joselu’s 11 goalscoring appearances this LL season includes Alavés’ second goal in the reverse H2H (L 5-2). Villarreal’s attacking options were on display once again in their previous LL game as Arnaut Danjuma scored at least two goals for the second time in their last five LL games without Gerard Moreno.
- Hot stat: Alavés’ last 13 home LL matches have finished level or been settled via a one-goal margin.