Match Preview: Augsburg 2-1 Greuther Furth Predictions and Betting Tips 14.05.2022
Augsburg – Greuther Furth Predictions & Tips For Today, May 14, 2022.
League: GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 34
Match: 14:30 Augsburg – Greuther Furth
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Augsburg – Greuther Furth Match Preview
- Despite winning just one of their last five Bundesliga games (L4) including Sunday’s 4-0 thrashing by RB Leipzig, Augsburg’s top-flight status is secure as nobody below them could capitalise. With that settled, a win against already-relegated Greuther Fürth in their final game of the season would at least see them better their points tally in each of their last two Bundesliga campaigns (36).
- That might not offer much solace to those supporters who have seen their side close to or in the relegation zone almost all season, but they would certainly welcome a home victory after two straight defeats, part of a sequence of four matches in which the team scoring first here went on to win (Augsburg: W2, L2).
- All that remains for Fürth to aim for is matching their points tally from their previous Bundesliga campaign in 2012/13 (21), when they also went down after finishing bottom. They will end with a far inferior goal difference this time though, whether or not they can keep just their seventh league clean sheet of the season as they bid to offer departing manager Stefan Leitl a decent send-off.
- To that end, they’ve strung together three consecutive league away draws, belatedly making themselves hard to beat on the road with none of those games producing over 2.5 goals. With three of the last four H2Hs here (D3, L1) seeing two goals or fewer registered, another low-scoring affair could ensue as both sides limp towards the finishing line.
- Players to watch: Augsburg’s leading Bundesliga scorer this term, Michael Gregoritsch (eight goals), has netted his last six before half-time while Fürth’s Branimir Hrgota has scored nine league goals this term, five of which served to open the scoring.
- Hot stat: Augsburg have lost each of their last four season-ending Bundesliga fixtures while conceding an average of 4.25 goals per game.