Match Preview: Huddersfield 1-0 Luton Predictions and Betting Tips 16.05.2022
Huddersfield – Luton Predictions & Tips For Today, May 16, 2022.
League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – PLAY OFFS – SEMI-FINALS
Match: 19:45 Huddersfield – Luton
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Huddersfield – Luton Match Preview
- While nothing separated the sides at Kenilworth Road last time out (1-1), Huddersfield Town will relish playing the second leg of their Championship play-off semi-final at home, in what is sure to be a rocking John Smith’s Stadium. With three dubious penalty claims in the first leg, including one after just ten seconds, the argument to bring VAR to the second-tier was once again brought to the fore.
- Huddersfield boss Carlos Corberán appeared unmoved by the subject, choosing to hail his players post match for concentrating on the football rather than the atmosphere. However, they will likely be soaking it up this time around with just one of the last 14 visiting sides getting the better of the ‘Terriers’ (W8, D5), and that was already-promoted Bournemouth.
- Luton Town boss Nathan Jones was much less sympathetic towards decisions made than his counterpart following the first leg, claiming a penalty and a red card in favour of his side were ‘nailed on’. Only Hull and Bristol have won more games as betting outsiders than Luton’s nine this season (W9, D5, L8), so with the scores level, Jones’ perennial underdogs head to West Yorkshire with a fighting chance.
- Even so, Luton’s record of conceding ten and scoring just twice in reply across their last four away games suggests that they are up against it. Goals may come at a premium here too, with each of the six Championship H2Hs since the beginning of 2020 producing under 2.5 total goals (W1, D4, L1), although Luton’s one win in that sequence did come away from home.
- Players to watch: Fan favourite full back Harry Toffolo has made a goal contribution for Huddersfield in five of his last six appearances (G4, A1). Meanwhile, Harry Cornick scored the only goal in both of Luton’s wins since the start of April, including their only away winner across their last four trips.
- Hot stat: The last time Huddersfield were promoted, all three of their play-off games ended level with two penalty shootout wins.
Match Preview: Dynamo Kyiv - Benfica Predictions and Betting Tips 17.08.2022
Match Preview: Bodo/Glimt - Dinamo Zagreb Predictions and Betting Tips 16.08.2022
Match Preview: Getafe - Atletico Madrid Predictions and Betting Tips 15.08.2022
Match Preview: AC Ajaccio - Lens Predictions and Betting Tips 14.08.2022