Match Preview: Aston Villa 1-1 Burnley Predictions and Betting Tips 19.05.2022
Aston Villa – Burnley Predictions & Tips For Today, May 19, 2022.
League: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 18
Match: 20:00 Aston Villa – Burnley
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Aston Villa – Burnley Match Preview
- A top-half Premier League (PL) finish now appears a tall order for Aston Villa after a 1-1 draw against Crystal Palace at the weekend saw Villa surrender a home lead for the second time in succession. Boss Steven Gerrard blasted his side as “naive” for the manner in which they conceded and it’s an all too familiar story for Villa, who have kept just two clean sheets from their last 12 PL home games (W3, D3, L6).
- This game against Burnley comes just 12 days after the first H2H fixture of the season, where Villa ran out 3-1 victors. The home faithful may be expecting a H2H double here, with Villa claiming victory in their last two final home league games of the season, but with a last day showdown against Manchester City on the horizon, could Liverpool legend Gerrard potentially shuffle his pack here?
- A furious Mike Jackson blasted the contentious decision to award Tottenham a penalty in the aftermath of his side’s 1-0 defeat in North London, which ultimately cost Burnley the game. That dubious call coupled with a stroke of fortune for Leeds who equalised against Brighton in stoppage time saw Burnley drop into the bottom three, but a point at Villa Park would see the ‘Clarets’ climb back out ahead of Sunday’s relegation shoot-out.
- Burnley may be quietly confident of their heads being above water in the lead-up to Sunday’s decider after avoiding defeat in their last three away H2Hs (W1, D2). With a new 5-3-2 system debuted at Tottenham, another shut-up-shop operation could be on the cards for Burnley and perhaps it’s needed to arrest a run of six consecutive PL away games without a clean sheet (W1, D2, L3).
- Players to watch: Villa’s Danny Ings will relish the visit of Burnley after scoring in his last four personal H2Hs against his former club. Meanwhile, Maxwel Cornet scored Burnley’s goal in the reverse fixture and all four of his away goals this season have come before the hour mark.
- Hot stat: Villa have conceded a PL-high seven home goals in the opening 15 minutes of games this season.