Match Preview: Real Madrid 0-0 Betis Predictions and Betting Tips 20.05.2022
Real Madrid – Betis Predictions & Tips For Today, May 20, 2022.
League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 38
Match: 20:00 Real Madrid – Betis
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 LOST
Real Madrid – Betis Match Preview
- Bringing this game forward to Friday night works to Real Madrid’s advantage as it gives them eight days rest before their UEFA Champions League final against Liverpool. As they’ve already wrapped up the La Liga (LL) title and Real Betis are assured of a UEFA Europa League place, little is riding on either side’s final league engagement of the season with more talk in the build-up instead focused on Madrid’s pursuit of Kylian Mbappé.
- That said, ‘Los Blancos’ will want to build momentum and sharpness ahead of that showpiece final and enter this fixture after winning each of their last three home league games ‘to nil’ while scoring in both halves. However, they shouldn’t expect another easy run out as they’ve not won a home H2H in four attempts (D2, L2), failing to score in each of those encounters!
- Copa del Rey champions Betis have only lost one of their last five competitive matches (W3, D1) so are finishing a memorable season strongly, although a loss here coupled with Real Sociedad beating Atlético Madrid would see them drop to sixth. Highlighting the financial gulf between them and their hosts, their players have suggested they crowdfund the money to keep on-loan defender Hector Bellerin with them next term!
- Strapped for cash or not, they’re unbeaten in five league away games (W2, D3), with all three of those draws goalless and each of those wins producing exactly three goals, all coming after half-time! And while they’ve conceded 2+ goals in four of their last five season-ending fixtures (all were away games), the exception was their 2-0 H2H win here in 2018/19!
- Players to watch: Rodrygo (RMA) has scored all four of his league goals this term between the 30th and 50th minute while Borja Iglesias has scored after the 80th minute in three of Betis’ last six competitive away fixtures.
- Hot stat: Six of Betis’ last seven LL games were goalless at half-time.