Match Preview: Elche 3-1 Getafe Predictions and Betting Tips 22.05.2022
Elche – Getafe Predictions & Tips For Today, May 22, 2022.
League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 38
Match: 16:30 Elche – Getafe
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:1 WON!!!
Elche – Getafe Match Preview
- Despite managing just a single point across the last four games, in a run that includes three straight La Liga (LL) losses, Elche have secured a third straight top-tier season for the first time since the 1970s. Now the objective is to restore some bruised pride, as they could lose four consecutive LL games for the first time since December 2014.
- It could get worse too, as a loss ‘to nil’ will make it four straight losing blanks for the first time since February 1966! On the results front, the home fans will also be worried about the recent six-game record at this venue (W1, D1, L4) as much as their more recent fortunes against Getafe (W1, D3, L3), despite winning the reverse clash 1-0.
- Getafe themselves took a point against Barcelona (0-0) last time around, with the result confirming their top-flight stay for a sixth straight season, and making them the only post-war team (of three) to survive in LL after losing the first seven rounds. That also extended an ongoing unbeaten run (W1, D4), during which they’ve conceded only once.
- On a quirky note, four draws in a row for the ‘Azulones’ mean that they can make it a club-record fifth consecutive top-flight stalemate on this trip. It would certainly be a positive result if the early stages go badly though, as (across all venues) Getafe have won just one point in league matches where they’ve trailed at half-time (D1, L9).
- Players to watch: Guido Carrillo has scored his last two league goals at home, each time as Elche’s first scorer in a 2-1 result. Meanwhile, Enes Ünal has scored the first goal of the match in three of his last four goalscoring away LL games, each ending 1-1.
- Hot stat: Elche have conceded a joint league-low two home goals between the 76th minute and full-time.