Match Preview: Estonia 2-0 San Marino Predictions and Betting Tips 02.06.2022
Estonia – San Marino Predictions & Tips For Today, June 2, 2022.
League: UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE – LEAGUE D – ROUND 1
Match: 17:00 Estonia – San Marino
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 LOST
Estonia – San Marino Match Preview
- The UEFA Nations League (UNL) hasn’t been a great competition for Estonia so far, winning just one of their 14 historical UNL fixtures (D5, L8). However, after finishing rock-bottom in their League C group last term, an easier League D group awaits Estonia this time around, starting with the visit of a San Marino side whom they have never tasted defeat against (W2, D1).
- Yet four of Estonia’s last five UNL home games ending in stalemate (L1) would indicate a tight affair here, although the Blueshirts are huge favourites to back up their 101 place superior FIFA ranking and secure a maiden UNL home victory. Though it’s worth noting each of Estonia’s opening games in the last two UNL terms ended in 1-0 home defeats!
- FIFA’s 211th and worst-ranked side, San Marino, prepare for another international campaign where they attempt to defy the odds. It’s hard not to feel sorry for the visitors, who with a population of circa 34,000, face a nation whose capital city alone holds almost 13x as many people as the entire microstate!
- Fifteen successive international losses does little to boost what scant confidence San Marino must have remaining, but they can take heart from the fact they are actually unbeaten in their last two UNL outings (D2)! Admittedly though both were 0-0 draws, and considering San Marino have never scored a UNL goal, that unbeaten run appears unlikely to be extended in Tallinn.
- Players to watch: Erik Sorga has scored three of Estonia’s last four international goals, all of which arrived after half-time. Meanwhile, San Marino’s Matteo Vitaioli is the most experienced player in the squad with 74 caps, but he has only netted one goal which came back in 2015!
- Hot streak: None of San Marino’s last six UNL games featured over 2.5 goals (D2, L4).