Match Preview: Latvia 3-0 Andorra Predictions and Betting Tips 03.06.2022
Latvia – Andorra Predictions & Tips For Today, June 3, 2022.
League: UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE – LEAGUE D – ROUND 1
Match: 17:00 Latvia – Andorra
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:0 WON!!!
Latvia – Andorra Match Preview
- Entering into their third campaign in UEFA Nations League (UNL) Group D, Latvia (FIFA ranking: 135) are expected to get the 2022-23 edition off to a winning start despite winning only once from 12 attempts across past tournaments (D8, L3). Manager Dainis Kazakevičs has declared winning the group and securing promotion his ambition, stating at the weekend that “compared with two years ago , we are more mature and ready”.
- Feeding his optimism is an improvement in player availability, described by Kazakevičs as perhaps the best of his two-and-a-half year tenure in charge, with first choice goalkeeper Roberts Ozols the only unavailable player to have appeared in a majority of Latvia’s games since the start of 2020/21. That should boost the strength and confidence of a side unbeaten in their last four matches (W2, D2), twice in which they recovered from conceding the opening goal within 15 minutes.
- Andorra (ranked 153) start this edition as one of five nations yet to win a UNL group stage match and the only one alongside San Marino to have drawn or lost each League D outing (D6, L6). After losing every match during their previous World Cup Qualification attempt except their two against minnows San Marino, a competitive showing in this UNL cycle looks a long way off.
- The visitors have never scored against Latvia during the stewardship of Koldo Álvarez (D3, L3), and whilst they held their own with three consecutive 0-0 UNL draws across the first two editions, their 0-5 home defeat at the hands of Latvia in November 2020 further points to them potentially being left behind in this group.
- Players to watch: Vladislavs Gutkovskis scored for Latvia both in their 5-0 win over Andorra and their most recent friendly victory (1-0 v Azerbaijan). He comes into this window with goals in five of his last seven games for Polish club Raków Częstochowa. Andorran captain Marc Pujol scored or assisted in four of his last eight international appearances of at least ten minutes.
- Hot stat: Just three of the 18 League D fixtures in the previous UNL produced three or more total goals.