Match Preview: Finland 1-1 Bosnia & Herzegovina Predictions and Betting Tips 04.06.2022
Finland – Bosnia & Herzegovina Predictions & Tips For Today, June 4, 2022.
League: UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE – LEAGUE B – ROUND 1
Match: 17:00 Finland – Bosnia & Herzegovina
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Finland – Bosnia & Herzegovina Match Preview
- While sports fans in Finland enjoyed their country’s recent ice hockey world title win, the Finnish footballers now take centre stage to open their 2022/23 UEFA Nations League (UNL) campaign, albeit with much lower expectations. Promotion to League A is undoubtedly the aim for Finland having fallen short last term, though to obtain that, they may have to break their identical pattern of results in the two prior UNL tournaments (W4, L2).
- Encouragingly, Finland’s last international victory did come against opponents Bosnia and Herzegovina back in November, but just one win in their last six home internationals (D2, L3) raises doubts over their credentials here. It may prove to be a second half show for Finland, who have curiously seen five of the last seven goals they’ve scored at the Helsinki Olympic Stadium – scheduled to host next season’s UEFA Super Cup – arrive between the 50th and 70th minute.
- Ending a five-game winless run (D1, L4) with a 1-0 win over Luxembourg last time out will have come as a great relief to Bosnia, but that less-than-convincing triumph suggests a tough League B campaign awaits them following relegation from League A in 2020/21. Those doubts are heightened by the fact Bosnia haven’t won a UNL match since October 2018 (D3, L4 since) with the last three of those defeats seeing the Dragons trail ‘to nil’ at half-time.
- Bosnia don’t tend to contribute to thrilling encounters when on foreign shores either as their last five away internationals all featured under 2.5 goals (W1, D2, L2). Although those draws came in France and Ukraine, suggesting Ivaylo Petev’s side shouldn’t be written off, yet Bosnia’s only away wins since September 2018 both came against sides ranked outside FIFA’s top 120!
- Players to watch: Finland’s all-time record goalscorer Teemu Pukki has netted the last four of his international goals before the 50th minute, while Luka Menalo has scored twice after the 65th minute across Bosnia’s last eight matches – including against Finland in November.
- Hot stat: The last three H2Hs each saw the half-time result replicated at full-time (W1, D1, L1).