Match Preview: Gibraltar 0-2 North Macedonia Predictions and Betting Tips 05.06.2022
Gibraltar – North Macedonia Predictions & Tips For Today, June 5, 2022.
League: UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE – LEAGUE C – ROUND 2
Match: 17:00 Gibraltar – North Macedonia
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 LOST
Gibraltar – North Macedonia Match Preview
- On the opening day of UEFA Nations League (UNL) action, Gibraltar were given a harsh reality check in Tbilisi as they suffered a 4-0 defeat to Georgia. Such a result surprised few, as even though Gibraltar were promoted as an unbeaten side in last season’s League D, their group contained only the three lowest ranked UEFA nations by FIFA, so there’ll be a notable step up in quality this time around.
- Simply surviving in this division will be a huge achievement for Gibraltar, who will almost certainly need to improve on their return of one goal across the last 677 minutes of play if they are to cause an upset. A near-perfectly split record in the UNL (W4, D2, L5) could be cause of some Gibraltarian optimism, though that could be snuffed out by North Macedonia, a nation who they are yet to score against (L2).
- With a population over 60 times as large as their hosts, it’s fair to say North Macedonia have a much greater talent pool at their disposal. While they are also minnows in many respects, the Macedonians will be hopeful of winning this group after recently appearing at their first major tournament (Euro 2020) before famously knocking European champions Italy out of the World Cup qualifying playoffs.
- A 1-1 draw away to Bulgaria was a solid enough start to proceedings for North Macedonia, but it does mean that they are winless in all of their UNL group stage away games since their own promotion from League D during the inaugural edition (D3, L1). Igor Angelovski’s men can hope for improvement though given that both of their initial away group wins were by a 2-0 scoreline and against two of the bottom-three ranked UEFA nations, including Gibraltar.
- Players to watch: Liam Walker was Gibraltar’s only scorer (G1) across their last seven internationals, while North Macedonia’s Ezgjan Alioski contributed to goals in both prior H2H victories (G1, A2).
- Hot streak: Gibraltar have conceded during both halves in six consecutive competitive internationals.