Match Preview: Italy 2-1 Hungary Predictions and Betting Tips 07.06.2022
Italy – Hungary Predictions & Tips For Today, June 7, 2022.
League: UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE – LEAGUE A – ROUND 2
Match: 19:45 Italy – Hungary
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Italy – Hungary Match Preview
- Italy shook off a bruising 3-0 Finalissima defeat to Argentina with a highly-praised 1-1 draw against Germany in their UEFA Nations League (UNL) opener last time out. Manager Roberto Mancini’s experimental line-up appeared to have been a masterstroke, as 18-year-old Wilfried Gnonto marked a dream debut by grabbing an assist, but Italy would concede just minutes later with the manager admitting that there’s still a “long road ahead” in his post-match comments.
- Despite some describing this as a new era for the Italian national team, the Azzurri weren’t able to break their recent bad habits against Germany, and have now failed to score more than one goal in eight of their 11 matches since their sensational EURO 2020 triumph. Perhaps they can take inspiration from their previous matches held in Cesena however, as they’ve scored nine goals across their three international outings here.
- Hungary got their UNL campaign off to a flyer with an impressive 1-0 home victory over Euro 2020 finalists England, celebrating their first win over the Three Lions in 60 years. They are also in fine away form and have opened the scoring in ten of the last 11 international away days, tasting only one defeat during that time (W7, D3).
- It will be an emotional contest for Hungary coach Marco Rossi who returns to his native country for this encounter. Although such sentiments are unlikely to get the better of his clinical side, who will look to take advantage of Italy’s profligacy, having won four of their last five games (L1), whilst keeping three clean sheets in the process.
- Players to watch: After netting against Germany, Lorenzo Pellegrini has been his team‘s last goalscorer with each of his previous eight goals. Meanwhile, Hungary‘s goal hero against England, Dominik Szoboszlai, has seen each of his last seven goals for club and country come in victories.
- Hot stat: Nine of Italy‘s last 11 matches have seen the same half-time-full-time outcome.