Match Preview: Norway 0-1 Slovenia Predictions and Betting Tips 09.06.2022
Norway – Slovenia Predictions & Tips For Today, June 9, 2022.
League: UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE – LEAGUE B – ROUND 3
Match: 19:45 Norway – Slovenia
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
Norway – Slovenia Match Preview
- Norway have had a dream start to UEFA Nations League (UNL) Group B4, winning their opening two games against Serbia (1-0) and Sweden (2-1). Ståle Solbakken’s side certainly appear on the up after now registering four successive victories, and losing just one of their last ten (W7, D2).
- That means the Lions have risen to 41st place in the FIFA rankings, 24 spots better off than their opponents for this match, Slovenia, who they have defeated in six of their previous nine meetings (D2, L1). Naturally Norway are reliant at times on star striker Erling Haaland, who has scored each of their three goals in the competition so far, but as a team they remain tough to defeat at home where they are unbeaten in six, winning four times and keeping four successive clean sheets.
- The visitors on the other hand are struggling to adapt to life in the second tier of the UNL after being promoted in 2020/21. They have suffered defeats in their opening two group games, against Serbia and Sweden, and have in fact only won one of their last ten away games (D5, L4) – and even that was against minnows Malta in World Cup qualifying.
- There are clear defensive concerns for Matjaž Kek’s side though. They have only managed four clean sheets in their last 15 internationals, two of which were against Malta, with another coming against lowly Gibraltar. They also struggle against the world’s best teams, managing just one win against a side ranked in FIFA’s top 50 since September 2019.
- Players to watch: It is impossible to ignore Haaland at the best of times, but he has now scored in his last seven internationals, netting the opener an impressive six times and racking up 11 goals in total! Meanwhile, Miha Zajc will carry a threat from midfield for Slovenia. He netted five times and grabbed two assists in his last 12 appearances for Fenerbahçe and has scored seven times in 33 games for his country.
- Hot streak: Norway are searching for a fifth successive win for the first time since March-September 2018.