Match Preview: Azerbaijan 0-1 Slovakia Predictions and Betting Tips 10.06.2022
Azerbaijan – Slovakia Predictions & Tips For Today, June 10, 2022.
League: UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE – LEAGUE C – ROUND 3
Match: 17:00 Azerbaijan – Slovakia
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 WON!!!
Azerbaijan – Slovakia Match Preview
- Ten-man Azerbaijan held on for a goalless draw last time around for their first point of their UEFA Nations League (UNL) Group C3 campaign, but it did extend their overall winless international run to 12 games (D3, L9). Whilst they’ve shut opponents out in five of their last seven UNL matches, a drought of six consecutive scoring blanks in the competition has blunted that effort and means that Azerbaijan need to get their scoring boots on soon in order to stave off relegation fears.
- The sight of Slovakia won’t calm their nerves as Azerbaijan’s sole victory over their visitors in eight prior eight H2Hs (L7) came back in June 2001. If they want to start to try and redress that H2H record, then they’ll need to discover how to turn decent starts into something more profitable, as each of Azerbaijan’s last seven games saw them level at the break before going on to claim only two draws (D2, L5).
- Slovakia will have been hugely disappointed to lose their first ever competitive home game to any side outside FIFA’s current top 100 when they fell to a shock 1-0 defeat against Kazakhstan last matchday. That made it a one win and one loss to start their UNL campaign, and four of their last six games in this competition have now produced a 1-0 scoreline. That result last matchday also marked the tenth instance across their last 13 international matches to see goals at just one end, and a repeat in this fixture may not be a surprise, considering the attacking frailties of both sides.
- There’s a sense of inevitability to the scoreline when Slovakia travel, with four of their six UNL away games to date (W1, D1, L4) also ending 1-0. That includes their first-ever away UNL win on matchday one by the same scoreline, albeit at a neutral venue, and considering two of their three H2H away wins also came by that very same scoreline, another here would hardly surprise.
- Players to watch: Ramil Sheydayev has been Azerbaijan’s last scorer with each of his seven international goals, including one against Slovakia. Meanwhile, Juraj Kucka has scored the second goal of the match with four of his last five goals for Slovakia, including one against Azerbaijan.
- Hot stat: Six of the previous eight H2Hs have seen the half-time result duplicated at full-time.