Match Preview: Australia 0-0 Peru Predictions and Betting Tips 13.06.2022
Australia – Peru Predictions & Tips For Today, June 13, 2022.
League: WORLD CUP – QUALIFICATION – PROMOTION – FINAL
Match: 19:00 Australia – Peru
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 LOST
Australia – Peru Match Preview
- The final hurdle of 2022 World Cup qualifying for Australia and Peru, both five-time entrants and Group C combatants in 2018, takes place in a single-leg showdown at the Al-Rayyan Stadium in Qatar, one of the eight stadiums to be used for the historic finals later this year. Pushed back by three months due to Covid-19 issues, this inter-confederation play-off has taken a break from its traditional home-and-away format.
- The change of venue could favour underdogs Australia who, as the Asian entrant into this stage, have played 11 of their 16 matches since the start of the pandemic in Middle Eastern nations such as Qatar. Australian manager Graham Arnold, who took over at the end of the 2018 World Cup and whose job likely hinges on qualification, has urged his players to “fight, scratch and do whatever have got to do to win”. But concerningly for the Socceroos, they have not defeated any South American opposition since 2010 (D2, L5), and that’s despite four of those six games taking place on neutral soil.
- One of the five losses was at the hands of Peru (0-2) in the previous World Cup finals, albeit that came after both teams had been formally eliminated from progressing past the group stage. Despite Peru only having a handful of squad members playing top flight football in Europe, and in the face of no Peruvian club reaching the second stage of the Copa Libertadores for nine years, manager Ricardo Gareca is still warm favourites to take charge of a second consecutive World Cup finals appearance either side of Peru’s 2021 Copa América semi-finals appearance.
- As one of only four CONMEBOL nations to win at least three times away from home during continental qualifiers (D1, L5), and with confidence from a current 12-game unbeaten run as favourites (W9, D3), Peru should have little issue with the change of scenery as well as the expectations of 34 million people back home.
- Players to watch: After his recent match opener against the UAE, Jackson Irvine’s last eight goals for club or country have all been in victories. Despite being considered by some to be past his prime, Peruvian forward Gianluca Lapadula has scored goals in five of his last six appearances for club side Benevento or Peru.
- Hot stat: Peru have kept a clean sheet in all but one of their last eight wins.
Match Preview: Dynamo Kyiv - Benfica Predictions and Betting Tips 17.08.2022
Match Preview: Bodo/Glimt - Dinamo Zagreb Predictions and Betting Tips 16.08.2022
Match Preview: Getafe - Atletico Madrid Predictions and Betting Tips 15.08.2022
Match Preview: AC Ajaccio - Lens Predictions and Betting Tips 14.08.2022