Match Preview: Moldova 2-1 Andorra Predictions and Betting Tips 14.06.2022
Moldova – Andorra Predictions & Tips For Today, June 14, 2022.
League: UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE – LEAGUE D – ROUND 4
Match: 17:00 Moldova – Andorra
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Moldova – Andorra Match Preview
- Moldova meet Andorra in UEFA Nations League (UNL) Group D1, and with Latvia pulling away fast, both sides know that a win is vital if they want to keep their hopes of promotion alive. However, after being relegated to this division in the last edition, Moldova have suffered some turbulent form in their three UNL games so far (W1, D1, L1).
- Currently #180 in FIFA’s rankings, Moldova’s one UNL win this campaign came against #192 Liechtenstein (2-0) which is still their only victory in the past 14 internationals. In fact, the last time they triumphed against a nation ranked better than them in a competitive match was in 2019, when they beat none-other than Andorra at home (1-0). Moldova need defensive improvements if they want a repeat of that result though, as they’ve not kept a clean sheet in their last six UNL home contests (D2, L4).
- Andorra have an identical UNL record to the Moldovans this campaign but they have been more resilient in defence recently, keeping three clean sheets in their last five internationals (W3, D1, L1) with only one side scoring in four of those games. Perhaps we can expect a low-scoring affair here then, as the last four H2H’s have produced a combined average of just 0.75 goals per game!
- However, Moldova may have noticed that Andorra’s backline are much leakier on the road as they have conceded a whopping 25 goals in their past nine away matches, avoiding defeat only once (W1, L8). They may also spot the fact Andorra’s defence tends to wilt in the later stages too, with Koldo Álvarez’s men also conceding eleven 70th min+ goals over that same run!
- Players to watch: Moldova centre-forward Ion Nicolaescu has scored three goals in his last five outings, two of which were fifth-minute penalties. Meanwhile, Andorra will be hoping attacking midfielder Jordi Aláez can get on the scoresheet as they are yet to lose when he has found the net (W2, D1).
- Hot stat: Moldova may have lost 4-2 to Latvia in the UNL last time out, but it was the only game in which they netted after half-time in their last 13 home internationals!
Match Preview: Belarus - Switzerland Predictions and Betting Tips 25.03.2023
Match Preview: Japan - Uruguay Predictions and Betting Tips 24.03.2023
Match Preview: Denmark - Finland Predictions and Betting Tips 23.03.2023
Match Preview: Sierra Leone - Sao Tome and Principe Predictions and Betting Tips 22.03.2023