Match Preview: Paris SG 4-0 Nantes Predictions and Betting Tips 31.07.2022
Paris SG – Nantes Predictions & Tips For Today, July 31, 2022.
League: FRANCE: SUPER CUP – FINAL
Match: 19:00 Paris SG – Nantes
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 4:0 WON!!!
Paris SG – Nantes Match Preview
- The 46th Trophée des Champions takes place at Bloomfield Stadium in Tel Aviv with Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain pitted against Coupe de France winners Nantes. Despite PSG becoming the joint-most successful team in French top-flight history with a tenth Ligue 1 title last season, question marks over Kylian Mbappé’s future clouded their joy. Seemingly against all odds, the French prodigy decided to extend his stay in Paris, although frustratingly for Mbappé, he will miss this game through suspension.
- The team from the French capital will make a historic 16th appearance in the Trophée des Champions here, after winning eight of their last nine editions, although that single loss did come last year against Lille (1-0). As Christophe Galtier embarks upon his first official match as PSG’s boss, Galtier stated he will encourage his players “to take risks” in a bid to endear himself to the PSG faithful with instant silverware.
- Nantes upset the odds in 2021/22 to win their first Coupe de France in 22 years, and the signing of the French international Moussa Sissoko is a proof of the club’s high ambitions this season. There’s plenty of motivation this season too for Nantes’ boss Antoine Kombouaré who goes in search of a famous victory against his former employers.
- Pulling off another upset here would see Nantes win back-to-back competitive H2Hs for the first time in almost 20 years! Not only that, the Canaries are looking to win this trophy for the first time since 2001, as coach Kombouaré praised his players’ mentality, saying that they are “ready to create the feat”.
- Players to watch: Aiming to pick up where he left off last season, PSG’s Lionel Messi opened the scoring on his final two goalscoring appearances of the 2021/22 campaign. Nantes will hope Ludovic Blas can find the net given they won 11 of the 13 games he scored in last term (D2)!
- Hot stat: French champions have won 29 (64%) of the 45 previous Trophée des Champions.