Match Preview: Stuttgart 1-1 RB Leipzig Predictions and Betting Tips 07.08.2022
Stuttgart – RB Leipzig Predictions & Tips For Today, August 7, 2022.
League: GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 1
Match: 14:30 Stuttgart – RB Leipzig
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: WON!!!
Stuttgart – RB Leipzig Match Preview
- The Bundesliga Sunday action kicks off with Stuttgart hosting RB Leipzig. The H2H record between the two teams suggests this could barely be a tougher match-up for the hosts, who have lost seven of the eight meetings between the two sides (D1), the heaviest of which was a 4-0 thrashing 12 months ago.
- Rather than fear this game, Pellegrino Matarazzo’s Stuttgart side will likely just be happy to be here after securing their Bundesliga status via a dramatic injury-time winner on last season’s final matchday! The signings of Hiroki Ito and Konstantinos Mavropanos after making their loan moves from Júbilo Iwata and Arsenal permanent could be a sign Stuttgart don’t want to take their top-flight status to the wire this term, as is the summer signing of Joshua Vagnoman. Although a recent narrow 1-0 win over third-tier Dynamo Dresden in the German Cup indicates they may still struggle.
- Leipzig are also looking for improvement after ending last season in fourth place, their lowest finish since 2017/18. They did close the campaign by winning their first-ever major silverware in the form of the German Cup, but then suffered a 5-3 defeat to Bayern Munich in the traditional season curtain raiser, the German Super Cup, last weekend.
- It could be a tricky few months for boss Domenico Tedesco and his side after the departure of a number of key players this summer, including Tyler Adams and Nordi Mukiele to Leeds and PSG respectively. The latter’s departure perhaps explains their struggles in defence against Bayern, though Leipzig also ended last season with just two clean sheets from their final eight competitive matches.
- Players to watch: Juan José Perea Mendoza made his Stuttgart debut last weekend after signing from Greek side PAS Giannina, for whom four of his ten goals came in his final eight appearances. Meanwhile, Leipzig’s André Silva has scored three times in four games against Stuttgart, including a penalty in both wins last season.
- Hot stat: Leipzig have only once won their opening away game of a Bundesliga season (D2, L3).