Match Preview: Bayer Leverkusen 1-2 Augsburg Predictions and Betting Tips 13.08.2022
Bayer Leverkusen – Augsburg Predictions & Tips For Today, August 13, 2022.
League: GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 2
Match: 14:30 Bayer Leverkusen – Augsburg
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 1:2 LOST
Bayer Leverkusen – Augsburg Preview
- After losing 1-0 to Borussia Dortmund on the opening weekend of the Bundesliga season, Bayer Leverkusen could barely wish for a better match-up as they look to pick up their first points of the campaign. They host Augsburg, against whom they have never lost to in 22 matches, with a run of seven wins in the last eight meetings including a 5-1 battering at this venue in January, their biggest-ever margin of victory in this H2H fixture.
- Gerardo Seoane’s side have not enjoyed the best start to the campaign, having suffered a shock 4-3 defeat in the German Cup to minnows SV Elversberg. Leverkusen will therefore likely be pleased to return to the BayArena, where they won ten of their 17 league matches last season, including three of their final four outings there.
- Augsburg’s 14th place finish in the Bundesliga in 2021/22 was the seventh time in a row they have ended the campaign in the bottom half of the table. And although they reached the second round of the German Cup by hammering BW Lohne 4-0, they have made an ominously poor start in the league thanks to a 4-0 opening weekend defeat at home to Freiberg – two high-scoring results that incredibly saw no goals before half-time.
- Enrico Maaßen’s side must improve on the road if they are to push up the table, after just three wins in 17 away league matches last year (D4, L10). The club do have a decent record in their first away Bundesliga match of a campaign though, picking up three wins, four draws and just five defeats over their previous 12 years in the top flight.
- Players to watch: Sought-after Leverkusen winger Moussa Diaby has scored in all three of his home games against Augsburg, including a hat-trick in the 5-1 win earlier this year. Meanwhile Augsburg’s summer signing Ermedin Demirović has picked up a goal and assist in four previous appearances against Leverkusen, finishing on the winning side on two occasions.
- Hot stat: Augsburg’s terrible record at the BayArena is played 11, lost eight, drawn three – with the last three of those seeing multi-goal margin, HT/FT defeats.
Match Preview: Denmark - Finland Predictions and Betting Tips 23.03.2023
Match Preview: Sierra Leone - Sao Tome and Principe Predictions and Betting Tips 22.03.2023
Match Preview: Farnborough - Slough Predictions and Betting Tips 21.03.2023
Match Preview: Swansea - Bristol City Predictions and Betting Tips 19.03.2023