Match Preview: AC Ajaccio – Lens Predictions and Betting Tips 14.08.2022
AC Ajaccio – Lens Predictions & Tips For Today, August 14, 2022.
League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 2
Match: 14:00 AC Ajaccio – Lens
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 LOST
AC Ajaccio – Lens Predictions and Preview
- The opening round of Ligue 1 proved to be a harsh reality check for newly-promoted Ajaccio, as the second-tier’s best defensive side since 1993/94 crumbled to trail by two goals within the opening 22 minutes. It could have been worse if not for a Lyon red card, but returning home – where Ajaccio enjoy a five-game winning run – could prove pivotal.
- Veteran manager Olivier Pantaloni became the top flight’s longest serving manager upon Ajaccio’s promotion, though he has some work to do to improve upon his 27% win-rate against Lens (W4, D4, L7). The Bears may need to be economical if they’re to survive, they scored just three more home goals than eventually relegated Quevilly Rouen, yet just eight conceded goals at the Stade François Coty often saw them over the line (W13, D3, L3).
- Now in their third straight season in the top-flight, Lens’ push for the European places got underway with a 3-2 victory on the opening day, a result that would have been more flattering if not for a late conceded penalty. The former French Champions have gambled with relatively big spending this summer, but it was their veteran striker Florian Sotoca who stole the headlines with a hat-trick in round one!
- Playing away shouldn’t faze Lens as they ended last season with a four-game travelling unbeaten run (W3, D1) and only four sides picked up more points on the road than their 28. Combine that positive momentum with Lens’ ten-goal haul across the last four away H2Hs (W3, L1), and this could be a long afternoon for the new boys.
- Players to watch: Contributor of a club-high 13 goals en route to Ajaccio’s promotion last term (G9, A4), Riad Nouri seeks his very first top-flight goal at the ripe old age of 37. New boy Loïs Openda could lead the Lens line here; each of his last four scoring games saw him make the scoreline 2-1.
- Hot stat: All of Lens’ games against promoted opponents last season produced over 1.5 first-half goals (W3, D1).