Match Preview: Getafe – Atletico Madrid Predictions and Betting Tips 15.08.2022
Match Preview: Getafe – Atletico Madrid Predictions
Getafe – Atletico Madrid Predictions & Tips For Today, August 15, 2022.
League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 1
Match: 18:30 Getafe – Atletico Madrid
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:3 WON!!!
Getafe – Atletico Madrid Predictions and Preview
- As the lowest scoring of the 17 clubs to survive the previous La Liga (LL) season, Getafe have had to search for goalscoring options during the summer to ensure they avoid relegation by more than the one point they clung onto during the season’s finale. But it is their defending that will likely be the focal point of preparations in their season opener against prolific scorers Atlético Madrid.
- The loaning of Portu and permanent signing of Borja Mayoral (six goals in 18 LL appearances last season) were the highlights of Quique Sánchez Flores’ second pre-season in charge of Getafe. The Spanish veteran has never been relegated throughout his nearly two-decade managerial career, and considering Getafe lost seven straight LL matches prior to his return to the club, fans have every reason to expect a much stronger start in 2022/23.
- A glance at the recent H2H history suggests Getafe would be one of Atlético’s first picks for opening-round opposition as they seek to win their first match of a new season for the fourth consecutive year. Atlético have not lost any of their last 21 clashes with Getafe in any competition (W18, D3), in what is their longest active unbeaten run of games played against any other Spanish club.
- Visiting boss Diego Simeone is heading into a club-record 12th season in charge with uncertainty surrounding his frontline as Álvaro Morata and Antoine Griezmann look set for moves away. Fans will still expect their side to have more than enough here but Simeone will not take a trip to Getafe for granted, after his side failed to win seven of their eight LL games against last season’s bottom-four finishers (W1, D2, L5) costing them any chance of the title.
- Players to watch: Whilst Getafe forward Enes Ünal has tasted victory against Atlético just once from ten attempts (D2, L7), he has done his best to help the cause with four goals. Ángel Correa should be a threat across the entire 90 minutes for the visitors, with his 12 LL goals last season split evenly across the first and second half.
- Hot stat: Getafe scored fewer second-half goals (14) than any other club last LL season (league average: 26.8).