Match Preview: Lyon – Troyes Predictions and Betting Tips 19.08.2022
Match Preview: Lyon – Troyes Predictions
Lyon – Troyes Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for August 19, 2022.
League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 3
Match: 20:00 Lyon – Troyes
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 4:1 WON!!!
Lyon – Troyes Predictions and Match Preview
- After the postponement of their Ligue 1 second round game at Lorient due to an unsuitable ground last weekend, Lyon enter this game looking to win their opening two home games of a top-flight campaign for the first time since 2018/19. Having not lost a league game held on a Friday in over three years (W14, D4), the hosts should be confident they can kickstart the weekend’s Ligue 1 action with a win.
- That statistic could well be heightened by The Gones’ current run of five consecutive league wins at Groupama Stadium, their best return in over four years. The omens look good for Lyon on the H2H front too, squaring off against a Troyes side they’ve beaten in ten of the previous 11 competitive H2Hs held here (D1).
- To avoid being part of the four sides who will be relegated from the top-flight at the end of the season, visitors Troyes need a strong reaction following successive defeats to open their Ligue 1 campaign. Coach Bruno Irles said after their 3-0 home loss against Toulouse last weekend that he’s still working on bringing in new faces over the final two weeks of the transfer window, which is understandable given they’ve conceded three goals in both matches so far.
- An away game is unlikely to provide any let-up for ESTAC either, who have won just two Ligue 1 games on the road in 2022 (D3, L6). However, coach Irles will be determined to avoid defeat here, or he’ll be remembered as the first Troyes’ coach in the 21st century to lose the opening three games of a Ligue 1 campaign.
- Players to watch: Alexandre Lacazette could hold the key to a good start for Lyon considering he scored inside 25 minutes in the opening round and in his previous personal Ligue 1 H2H clash. Troyes’ Xavier Chavalerin also loves an early goal, netting the game’s opener in three of his last four goalscoring Ligue 1 games, including last season’s corresponding fixture.
- Hot streak: Lyon have scored at least once after the 85th in the last five home league H2Hs.
Match Preview: Denmark - Finland Predictions and Betting Tips 23.03.2023
Match Preview: Sierra Leone - Sao Tome and Principe Predictions and Betting Tips 22.03.2023
Match Preview: Farnborough - Slough Predictions and Betting Tips 21.03.2023
Match Preview: Swansea - Bristol City Predictions and Betting Tips 19.03.2023