Match Preview: Leeds – Chelsea Predictions and Betting Tips 21.08.2022
Match Preview: Leeds – Chelsea Predictions
Leeds – Chelsea Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for August 21, 2022.
League: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 3
Match: 16:00 Leeds – Chelsea
Tip: Away Win
Match Result: Pending
Leeds – Chelsea Predictions and Match Preview
- Leeds United were on their way to starting a league season with two successive wins for only the fourth time since 2003/04, leading 2-0 against Southampton last time out, until a late capitulation eventually saw them share the spoils (2-2). Coach Jesse Marsch must therefore address his side’s defensive problems that started before his time at the helm, with Leeds only managing a mere two clean sheets across their last 27 fixtures.
- A return to Elland Road will be especially welcome after Leeds’ 2-1 win over Wolves here to open their Premier League (PL) campaign, meaning the Whites now have the opportunity to claim back-to-back home league wins, a feat that eluded them last season. That’s perhaps easier said than done, especially when Chelsea lie in wait, as Leeds have failed to claim victory in their last eight H2Hs (D2, L6), including a 3-0 thumping here last season.
- Chelsea also failed to consolidate their opening matchday victory, with tempers flaring on and off the pitch after twice surrendering the lead in a 2-2 draw with Tottenham last time out. Manager Thomas Tuchel not only saw red metaphorically, but also received a red card, meaning his side must try to navigate consecutive away league wins over Leeds for the first time in their history without him, as he serves a sideline suspension.
- The Blues are having a stellar year so far when it comes to hitting the road, winning 12 of their 16 matches away from Stamford Bridge in 2022 (D2, L2). This involves getting it done at both ends of the pitch, with Chelsea managing to score in 14 of those 16 matches, while only conceding more than once on two occasions.
- Key battle: Rodrigo has been the only Leeds player to score this season, and has seen seven of his last nine league goals arrive after half-time. He’ll face Chelsea’s in-form Reece James, who’s helped keep two clean sheets in his last two games at Elland Road.
- Hot stat: Chelsea were the only PL team to never trail at half-time last season.
Match Preview: Denmark - Finland Predictions and Betting Tips 23.03.2023
Match Preview: Sierra Leone - Sao Tome and Principe Predictions and Betting Tips 22.03.2023
Match Preview: Farnborough - Slough Predictions and Betting Tips 21.03.2023
Match Preview: Swansea - Bristol City Predictions and Betting Tips 19.03.2023