Match Preview: Sampdoria – Juventus Predictions and Betting Tips 22.08.2022
Match Preview: Sampdoria – Juventus Predictions
Sampdoria – Juventus Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for August 22, 2022.
League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 2
Match: 19:45 Sampdoria – Juventus
Tip: Away Win
Match Result: 0:0 LOST
Sampdoria – Juventus Predictions and Match Preview
- A 2-0 defeat against Atalanta on Serie A (SA) opening weekend was an underwhelming start to the season for Sampdoria, who were left feeling hard done by after a soft VAR decision denied them taking the lead. Things are unlikely to get any easier here, with the threat of losing successive SA home games ‘to nil’ for the first time since May 2015 now a very real possibility for Sampdoria, who now welcome 36-time SA champions Juventus to the Stadio Luigi Ferraris.
- Breaking that cycle may prove problematic as Sampdoria’s current two league game streak without a goal is actually their longest in SA since May 2016. Yet strangely, despite losing the previous six SA H2Hs, Sampdoria have at least scored three times across the last two meetings in that run, with two of those goals coming after the break.
- Juventus’ season got off on a much stronger footing, winning 3-0 against Sassuolo, with an injury to Ángel Di María proving to be the only blotch on an otherwise perfect evening. Eight of the last 12 seasons have seen Juventus follow up an opening day victory with a success on matchday two as well, and interestingly, all eight of those seasons saw Juve go on to win the Scudetto!
- There’s a little piece of history on offer for Juventus here, who know a seventh-straight H2H victory would mark their longest-ever run of consecutive SA wins against Sampdoria. The prospects appear bright, and Juve will hope to wrap that record up in style too considering their last two victories on Sampdoria turf came by exactly a two-goal margin.
- Players to watch: Abdelhamid Sabiri has been in the thick of the action in each of Sampdoria’s last four competitive home games, collecting a yellow card, three goals and an assist. Meanwhile, Dušan Vlahović has notched five goals in four career starts against Sampdoria (W2, L2).
- Hot streak: Juventus are unbeaten in their last 19 SA games played on a Monday (W15, D4).