Match Preview: Plzen – Qarabag Predictions and Betting Tips 23.08.2022
Match Preview: Plzen – Qarabag Predictions
Plzen – Qarabag Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for August 23, 2022.
League: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – QUALIFICATION – FINAL
Match: 20:00 Plzen – Qarabag
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Plzen – Qarabag Predictions and Match Preview
- The stakes couldn’t be higher as Plzeň host Qarabağ for a final showdown after their first-leg goalless stalemate. The determined Czechs, who held out despite being dominated for much of the contest, still boast an unbeaten run in UEFA Champions League (UCL) qualifying this season, and now know that a fifth triumph from six qualifying matches will see them return to the UCL group stages for the first time in four years.
- Plzeň goalkeeper Jindřich Staněk is certainly confident, sharing his belief that they’ll “get the win in front of their fans”. Perhaps with good reason too, as his side have won seven consecutive home games in UEFA competition and haven’t been beaten at the Doosan Arena since May 2021 in all competitions – a run of 26 games (W24, D2)!
- Qarabağ midfielder Qara Qarayev discussed the “weight” of home crowd expectation after his side squandered chances in the reverse fixture, but coach Gurban Gurbanov was clearly impressed with his side’s performance despite the result last week, and has already confirmed he’s planning to field “the same squad” as in the first leg. Away from Baku, Qarabağ will now look to continue some sparkling recent form on the road, having lost only once across their previous ten away outings (W8, D1).
- Gurbanov’s men will feel confident they can overcome a Plzeň side who hadn’t kept a clean sheet in four UCL qualifiers prior to the first-leg 0-0 draw, particularly as Qarabağ have netted a whopping 14 times across their last five qualifiers themselves! Alongside their European exploits, Qarabağ have also made a perfect start to the Azerbaijan Premier League (W2) so completing their quest for UCL group stage glory here would cap off a rather impressive opening few weeks.
- Key battle: Plzeň will look to striker Jan Kliment, after he scored in each of their last three home contests – two of them openers. Based on recent history, there’s every reason to think he may strike late against Qarabağ goalkeeper Shahrudin Mahammadaliyev, who had conceded three goals on or after the 85th minute from four UCL qualifying games before last week’s clean sheet.
- Hot streak: Plzeň have scored at least twice in their last seven home encounters in UEFA competition!
Match Preview: Bhayangkara Solo - RANS Nusantara Predictions and Betting Tips 30.03.2023
Match Preview: Zapy - Zivanice Predictions and Betting Tips 29.03.2023
Match Preview: Romania - Belarus Predictions and Betting Tips 28.03.2023
Match Preview: Ireland - France Predictions and Betting Tips 27.03.2023