Match Preview: Freiburg – Bochum Predictions and Betting Tips 26.08.2022
Match Preview: Freiburg – Bochum Predictions
Freiburg – Bochum Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for August 26, 2022.
League: GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 4
Match: 19:30 Freiburg – Bochum
Tip: Hone Win
Match Result: 1:0 WON!!!
Freiburg – Bochum Predictions and Match Preview
- Freiburg showcased fighting spirit by winning 1-0 against Stuttgart last weekend, and for the second consecutive season they have at least six points after three matchdays. However coach Christian Streich, who has now been in charge of Freiburg for 400 Bundesliga games, claimed that it was a “lucky win”, after his side just held on to their early lead following a poor second-half showing.
- A bit of luck could also be needed at home, where Freiburg are winless in three league games (D1, L2) and where all three of the goals they’ve conceded this season have come. Streich’s side also last won their second home league game of a season back in 2016/17 (D4, L1 since), but they have had better luck against Bochum, winning this matchup 3-0 last season to extend a six-game unbeaten H2H home run in the Bundesliga (W3, D3).
- Bochum felt the full force of Bayern Munich last weekend as they were hammered 7-0 at home, in what was not only their worst-ever home defeat in the club’s 174-year history, but a result that also marks the first time in 16 years that Bochum are pointless after three matchdays. Forward Simon Zoller said following that loss that he had “never been so destroyed by any opponent” and warned that his side – that now sit bottom – must get competitive again as soon as possible.
- The visitors showed more fight in their last two Bundesliga away games, as despite losing both 3-2 they at least got on the scoresheet. However, Bochum have now conceded three goals in each of their last four away league games (W1, L3), which includes a loss against Freiburg at this venue in April. Compounding matters further is the fact Bochum last won their second away game of a new Bundesliga season back in 2004/05 (D1, L4)!
- Players to watch: Vincenzo Grifo was the match winner for Freiburg last matchday, and his team have now gone unbeaten in the previous 22 league games he’s scored in (W15, D7). Zoller has scored both of Bochum’s away league goals this term, and all of his last four competitive goals have now come on the road.
- Hot stat: There’s been an average of 3.15 goals per game across 20 H2Hs in Germany’s top two leagues. Just one of those matches ended in a goalless draw.