Match Preview: Hertha Berlin – Dortmund Predictions and Betting Tips 27.08.2022
Match Preview: Hertha Berlin – Dortmund Predictions
Hertha Berlin – Dortmund Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for August 27, 2022.
League: GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 4
Match: 14:30 Hertha Berlin – Dortmund
Tip: Away Win
Match Result: Pending
Hertha Berlin – Dortmund Predictions and Match Preview
- After surviving by a hair’s breadth in the relegation play-off last season, Hertha Berlin look to be in for another long battle for survival if the first few rounds are anything to go by (D1, L2). There are signs of life though, with Hertha averaging nearly 13 goal attempts per game so far, although sporting director Fredi Bobic has already given manager Sandro Schwarz the often dreaded vote of confidence at this early stage.
- With wins proving elusive in his short tenure to date, Schwarz will hope for a quick turnaround to alleviate pressure, yet Borussia Dortmund now stand in Hertha’s way, a side they’ve defeated only once since 2017 (D2, L7). If they are to hit back against that H2H record then striking first could be crucial, as Hertha have lost all eight home games in which they conceded first this year, although they’ve also drawn two of the four when scoring first themselves (W2, D2).
- While Dortmund began the season with back-to-back league wins, they received the ultimate sucker punch from Werder Bremen last time out when becoming the first ever Bundesliga side to lose a game when holding a 2+ goal lead heading into the 89th minute! That was a performance described as “brutally annoying and stupid” by coach Edin Terzić, and Dortmund will expect far better this time around.
- Dortmund’s return of 24 victories from the last 30 Bundesliga games when leading at any stage suggests that a repeat of that Bremen capitulation here looks highly unlikely. In fact, Dortmund have conceded first or an equaliser in their last two Bundesliga trips, yet won both, so many will expect a resurgent performance in Berlin, especially with Dortmund already trailing Bayern by three points.
- Players to watch: Hertha’s Dodi Lukébakio has registered four goal contributions in his opening four appearances this season (G2, A2) with both goals being Hertha’s last of the game. As for Dortmund, club captain Marco Reus has hit a decisive match opener in his last three scoring appearances.
- Hot stat: Hertha have failed to win eight of their last 17 Bundesliga games when taking a lead (W9, D5, L3).