Match Preview: Torino – Lecce Predictions and Betting Tips 05.09.2022
Match Preview: Torino – Lecce Predictions
Torino – Lecce Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for September 5, 2022.
League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 5
Match: 19:45 Torino – Lecce
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 WON!!!
Torino – Lecce Predictions and Match Preview
- Torino missed the chance to share the Serie A (SA) summit with Roma after a disappointing 3-1 defeat to Atalanta in midweek ended their three-match unbeaten league start (W2, D1). They may have lost on the field on transfer deadline day, but Torino claimed a small win off the pitch, rebuffing a West Ham bid for Ola Aina, who has been integral to their early success.
- Aina played as part of a Torino back line which conceded more than once for the first time in a SA game since May, and with Torino not prolific scorers themselves, their resilience is key. Considering Torino haven’t scored in four of their last five SA home outings, there may be even more pressure on their defence here, as Torino bid for just their third home league win of 2022 (W2, D4, L4).
- Whilst it hasn’t been the SA homecoming Lecce would have dreamt of (D2, L2), they have at least shown they’re up for the fight, coming from behind to claim 1-1 draws in their last two games, including in midweek against Napoli. Each of Lecce’s defeats were close-run contests too, with both being decided by just a single goal, including against Inter Milan, proving that the SA newcomers are no pushovers.
- Both defeats came after trailing at half-time however, perhaps adding emphasis on how important scoring the first goal is in this game. It’s a feat Lecce are yet to manage this season, conceding first in each of their four league games so far, but in spite of their relegation in 2019/20, Lecce actually finished that season with the highest points per game average when scoring first (2.56 – W7, D2).
- Players to watch: Torino’s Nikola Vlašić has seen his last five club goals alternate between first and second half, with his last goal coming in the second. Meanwhile, Lorenzo Colombo’s last two league goals made the score 1-1 – one was for Lecce and the other against Lecce!
- Hot streak: The home team on the day has scored exactly once in all four of Lecce’s SA fixtures this season.
Match Preview: Denmark - Finland Predictions and Betting Tips 23.03.2023
Match Preview: Sierra Leone - Sao Tome and Principe Predictions and Betting Tips 22.03.2023
Match Preview: Farnborough - Slough Predictions and Betting Tips 21.03.2023
Match Preview: Swansea - Bristol City Predictions and Betting Tips 19.03.2023