Match Preview: Lens – Troyes Predictions and Betting Tips 09.09.2022
Match Preview: Lens – Troyes Predictions
Lens – Troyes Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for September 9, 2022.
League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 7
Match: 20:00 Lens – Troyes
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 1:0 WON!!!
Lens – Troyes Predictions and Match Preview
- There’s been no hangover from last season’s impressive seventh place finish for Lens, instead they’ve kicked on further, and are one of just four Ligue 1 sides coming into the round undefeated so far (W4, D2). Their 1-1 draw at Reims last week extended their unbeaten top-flight run to 14 matches (W9, D5), and they continue on course to break the club’s record of 19 games undefeated set back in 2005/06.
- With such a start, the Sang et Or seem on their way to a first European qualification since 2007, and are clear pre-match favourites here to claim a fourth straight home win – a victory that would put them top of the table, at least until mid-Saturday. They’ve shown their ability to handle expectations in recent months too, by winning 63% of their home league matches entered as the sportsbooks’ pick since the beginning of last season (W12, D4, L3).
- After losing their opening three league games, Troyes have recovered somewhat to pick up points over the following three rounds (W2, D1), bookended by a 1-1 home draw against Rennes at the weekend. Coach Bruno Irles highlighted his players “solidarity” on Sunday after his team played over 60 minutes with ten men against eleven in that draw, and keeping that dogged mindset will be essential to avoiding relegation.
- Despite a massive 4-2 win at Monaco during their last road trip, a victory here seems unlikely, especially as ESTAC haven’t claimed full points in back-to-back away Ligue 1 games since 2001! Not only that, but a bad omen lies with the fact that 2001 is also the last year they secured a competitive win at the Stade Bollaert-Delelis (D4, L9, since).
- Players to watch: Red-hot Florian Sotoca has contributed to six of Lens’ ten home goals this Ligue 1 campaign (G5, A1). In what will be a ‘Florian’ battle, Florian Tardieu has scored Troyes’ opening goal from the spot in each of their three Ligue 1 road trips this season.
- Hot streak: Lens have not conceded across the last six home H2Hs (W5, D1).