Match Preview: Bayer Leverkusen – Atletico Madrid Predictions and Betting Tips 13.09.2022
Match Preview: Bayer Leverkusen – Atletico Madrid Predictions
Bayer Leverkusen – Atletico Madrid Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for September 13, 2022.
League: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE – ROUND 2
Match: 20:00 Bayer Leverkusen – Atletico Madrid
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
Bayer Leverkusen – Atletico Madrid Predictions and PREVIEW
- Bayer Leverkusen have endured a miserable time recently, losing their UEFA Champions League (UCL) opener 1-0 to Club Brugge last week before being held 2-2 in the Bundesliga at Hertha Berlin on Saturday. Having now taken just one win from six Bundesliga games this season (W1, D1, L4) amid their worst points haul at this stage for 40 years, Leverkusen currently sit in the relegation spots and fans might be holding their breath as Diego Simeone’s Atlético Madrid visit the BayArena for Group B’s matchday two.
- Leverkusen manager Gerardo Seoane stated that their UCL loss to Brugge was “avoidable’’ and, with pressure starting to mount on his position, will hope a return to home comforts sees his struggling side put points on the board. There isn’t much inspiration to be had from their recent form however, as they have lost all three of their home encounters this season, conceding first on each occasion.
- Perhaps they can gain inspiration from Atlético’s travels to Germany in this competition, as the Madrid side have lost their last four away UCL contests to German opposition, including a defeat here back in 2019. Diego Simeone’s troops won’t be arriving with their tails between their legs however, as they smashed Celta Vigo 4-1 in La Liga at the weekend after winning their UCL opener in dramatic fashion, defeating Porto 2-1 with a stoppage-time winner.
- They’ve also triumphed in four of their last five away trips (D1) so Atlético pose a big threat to Leverkusen here, and with Simeone adoringly stating that he “felt the fans very close’’ after overcoming Celta, expect a raucous atmosphere in the away stands. Those supporters might be willing the ball across the line as soon as the whistle blows too, as Atlético haven’t lost a UCL away game when scoring first since 2016 (W7, D3)!
- Key battle: The performance of Leverkusen keeper Lukáš Hrádecký may be key to this contest but he hasn’t fared well against Atléti marksman Álvaro Morata in this competition, with the striker netting past him home and away when the sides last met in 2019/20.
- Hot streak: Atlético have struck first in their last five away trips (W4, D1).