Match Preview: Monaco – Ferencvaros Predictions and Betting Tips 15.09.2022
Match Preview: Monaco – Ferencvaros Predictions
Monaco – Ferencvaros Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for September 15, 2022.
League: EUROPA LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE – ROUND 2
Match: 17:45 Monaco – Ferencvaros
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
Monaco – Ferencvaros Predictions and PREVIEW
- Monaco’s poor start to 2022/23 is but a memory, with three straight wins and a top-seven placing in Ligue 1 after they defeated Lyon 2-1 to follow up a hard-fought UEFA Europa League (UEL) matchday one win over Red Star Belgrade. Now attention turns to the club’s inaugural meeting with Hungarian opposition, and extending their current unbeaten run of four UEL home games (W2, D2).
- Ahead of the Belgrade victory, coach Philippe Clement preached flexibility, identifying “two good systems” to make themselves unpredictable in a group containing three reigning domestic champions. Yet, with the Monegasques still lacking a clean sheet at home since early May, nobody can rule out a potential shock here.
- Group H leaders Ferencváros face this clash after five straight wins, extending their lead at the top of the Hungarian top-flight via a 3-0 victory over nearest challengers Kisvarda last weekend. It was the perfect follow-up to a dramatic 3-2 European triumph over Trabzonspor on matchday one, but this will be a different test altogether, especially as it comes on the back of a four-game losing streak in UEL trips.
- In turn, odds against the one-time Cup Winners Cup finalists enjoying progression from a UEL or UEFA Cup group at the fourth attempt remain relatively long. Late slumps have particularly characterised their less enjoyable trips abroad lately, with Ferencváros conceding beyond the hour mark in three of their last four UEL away defeats.
- Players to watch: That can only motivate UEL matchday one hero Breel Embolo all the more, as the Monaco striker has seen his three goals this term come between the 61st-75th minute. As they face their maiden clash against French opponents, the visitors’ own focal point may be Adama Traoré, who netted the second goal vs Trabzonspor on matchday one.
- Hot stat: None of Monaco’s six prior unbeaten UEL home games saw them concede after half-time.