Match Preview: Reims – Monaco Predictions and Betting Tips 18.09.2022
Match Preview: Reims – Monaco Predictions
Reims – Monaco Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for September 18, 2022.
League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 8
Match: 12:00 Reims – Monaco
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:3 WON!!!
Reims – Monaco Predictions and PREVIEW
- After two seasons of mid-table mediocrity, Stade de Reims have picked a bad season to be straddling the relegation zone early in the 2022/23 Ligue 1, not least because the drop zone has been increased to four teams. Manager Óscar García at least returns from suspension here, although after lasting just 12 Ligue 1 games in his previous French sojourn (Saint-Étienne in 2017/18), he could soon find himself departing a club for the ninth time in a decade if such poor results persist.
- Reims are yet to win from five Ligue 1 starts against clubs above them in the standings (D2, L3) at the beginning of the round, which suggests the youngest squad in the league (by average age) still have a lot more development ahead of them if they are to regularly defeat clubs of high stature such as upcoming opponents Monaco. They haven’t even scored at home to Monaco let alone won from their last three attempts (D2, L1), so there is a bereft of H2H inspiration to draw upon.
- Local media reports of Monaco boss Philippe Clement being on the verge of a premature exit had been kept temporarily at bay by a three-game winning streak across all competitions, but their midweek surprise 1-0 home loss to Ferencváros in the Europa League adds to the disadvantage of having four days fewer to rest and refresh than their hosts.
- Courtesy of their away victories against Strasbourg (2-1) and Nice (1-0) to complement their superb 1-1 draw at PSG, Monaco have shown enough to suggest they have what it takes to get the job done on the road, even if by the smallest of margins. Away trips have even accounted for three of their four wins across all 2022/23 tournaments, so they may relish another mission away from the Stade Louis II.
- Players to watch: Reims loanee Folarin Balogun has recorded five goalscoring appearances this season, setting up or finishing a goal every 74 minutes on average. Meanwhile, Monaco defender Guillermo Maripán has already popped up with three goals across all competitions after just one in 2021/22!
- Hot stat: A player has been sent off in five of Reims’ last six matches.
Match Preview: Denmark - Finland Predictions and Betting Tips 23.03.2023
Match Preview: Sierra Leone - Sao Tome and Principe Predictions and Betting Tips 22.03.2023
Match Preview: Farnborough - Slough Predictions and Betting Tips 21.03.2023
Match Preview: Swansea - Bristol City Predictions and Betting Tips 19.03.2023