Match Preview: Latvia – Moldova Predictions and Betting Tips 22.09.2022
Match Preview: Latvia – Moldova Predictions
Latvia – Moldova Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for September 22, 2022.
League: UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE – LEAGUE D – ROUND 5
Match: 17:00 Latvia – Moldova
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
Latvia – Moldova Predictions and PREVIEW
- Sitting top of Group 1, Latvia are almost certain to finally secure passage out of League D in the UEFA Nations League (UNL) at the third time of asking after making a perfect start to the campaign so far (W4). Their promotion would actually be confirmed with just a draw here, as the hosts boast a comfortable five-point gap over second-placed opponents Moldova heading into these two final group matches.
- After such an impressive showing so far though, Dainis Kazakevičs men will likely want to seal their promotion in style and extend that impressive winning run. The key to doing so perhaps lies in another fast start given the 11 Wolves have scored before the 30th minute in four of their last five UNL matches.
- Moldova got back to winning ways during the last international break with a 2-1 home win over Andorra, allowing them to keep alive their faint hopes of beating Latvia to top spot. That was the third game from their four UNL matches (W2, D1, L1) during this cycle in which they netted exactly two match goals, which is an interesting trend when you also consider that they’ve scored exactly twice in each of their last two H2H clashes with Latvia, although both still ended in defeat!
- Confidence in the visiting dressing room is unlikely to be high, mainly as Moldova don’t boast a great record on the road in this competition. They have won only two of their nine UNL away matches (D2, L5), both of which came against sides ranked below them by FIFA, and with Latvia (#129) currently placed 48 places higher than they are (#177), Moldova’s prospects of a victory here appear slim.
- Players to watch: Latvia’s Roberts Uldriķis bagged a home brace earlier this year in a win against Andorra, and he secured two assists in his nation’s most recent win vs Liechtenstein. His Moldovan opponent Ion Nicolaescu has scored three goals across his last four international appearances, each of which came from the penalty spot.
- Hot stat: The last three H2Hs between these two nations produced at least two first-half goals.