Match Preview: Georgia – North Macedonia Predictions and Betting Tips 23.09.2022
Match Preview: Georgia – North Macedonia Predictions
Georgia – North Macedonia Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for September 23, 2022.
League: UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE – LEAGUE C – ROUND 5
Match: 17:00 Georgia – North Macedonia
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
Georgia – North Macedonia Predictions and PREVIEW
- A second UEFA Nations League (UNL) promotion is within sight for unbeaten Georgia (W3, D1) who will be promoted to League B if they can avoid defeat against rivals for first place North Macedonia. Having avoided defeat in 15 of their 16 historical UNL games, the hosts should be confident of wrapping the formalities up and erasing the hurt of losing the Euro 2020 playoff final to the same opponent.
- It’s Georgia’s gritty backline that could deliver the goods after landing seven clean sheets across their last eight matches. That run includes the nation’s longest streak without conceding (five games) as well as a 3-0 reverse fixture win. Their only UNL loss did come at home though, and Georgia have won just once across their last five UNL home matches (D3, L1) which may have fans feeling nervous.
- North Macedonia responded to that reverse fixture loss with a thumping 4-0 win over the group’s basement team Gibraltar, which kept them in the promotion hunt. A win on this trip will keep them in the race for a second UNL promotion in three campaigns, but overriding their regular form in this competition will take some doing as North Macedonia haven’t won consecutive UNL games in the same campaign since the first edition.
- The task gets even more challenging on the road as North Macedonia have won just once across their last five away UNL games (D3, L1). However that win came in their most recent road game, and the visitors are likely to take comfort from their record of four wins across their last six competitive away matches which includes a famous win in Italy.
- Players to watch: Georgia have avoided defeat in 11 of the 12 matches that Valeri Qazaishvili has scored (W8, D3), although that sole loss came at this venue. Enis Bardhi could look to play spoilsport as North Macedonia have won his four previous goalscoring UNL games.
- Hot streak: Georgia haven’t conceded before half-time in their last eight matches.