Match Preview: Slovenia – Norway Predictions and Betting Tips 24.09.2022
Match Preview: Slovenia – Norway Predictions
Slovenia – Norway Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for September 24, 2022.
League: UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE – LEAGUE B – ROUND 5
Match: 17:00 Slovenia – Norway
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Slovenia – Norway Predictions and PREVIEW
- While promotion can no longer be achieved for Slovenia, there’s still a lot to play for in their UEFA Nations League (UNL) campaign as the threat of relegation looms large. That threat could very well become reality should Slovenia lose here and Sweden beat Serbia, a pair of results which would see them drop straight back to League C at the first time of asking.
- Slovenia’s first foray into League B hasn’t been straightforward, but there have been signs of improvement lately, with two draws following two defeats to open their campaign. One of those draws was against Norway (0-0), and while keeping Erling Haaland quiet is a small win in itself, it’s the only time Slovenia have conceded less than two goals in a game this UNL term.
- If Slovenia’s hopes of promotion are dead in the water, Norway’s certainly aren’t and they know they will be dining out at the top table of UNL football next term should they better Serbia’s result against Sweden. With Norway’s impressive recent form (W5, D1), you certainly wouldn’t bet against them holding up their side of the bargain, though they found themselves in a similar position in the last UNL term and failed to win either of their last two games (D1, L1).
- It certainly looks set to be a tight affair here, with each of Norway’s three victories in the UNL this term coming by a slender one-goal margin. A solid H2H record against Slovenia (W6, D3, L1) only seems to fuel belief that they won’t capitulate in similar fashion this term, but perhaps more importantly for Norway, winning the group would also give them another potential chance at qualifying for Euro 2024.
- Players to watch: Benjamin Šeško was the last Slovenia scorer in the UNL, and both his international goals have been the last of the game. Meanwhile, Norway will undoubtedly look to Haaland for inspiration having scored the opener in each of their last five victories.
- Hot streak: Each of the three UNL meetings between these sides has seen two or fewer goals.