Match Preview: Angers – Marseille Predictions and Betting Tips 30.09.2022
Match Preview: Angers – Marseille Predictions
Angers – Marseille Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for September 30, 2022.
League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 9
Match: 20:00 Angers – Marseille
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:3 WON!!!
Angers – Marseille Predictions and PREVIEW
- After a winless six-game start to the Ligue 1 season (D2, L4), consecutive league victories against Montpellier (2-1) and Nice (1-0) ensured Angers spent the international break outside of the relegation zone. Both victories came against teams located by the Mediterranean Sea, and they now face another one as they host Marseille, aiming to register their first run of three consecutive league wins in over two years!
- Coach Gerald Baticle will undoubtedly be relieved that Sofiane Boufal, who has been involved in five of the SCO’s nine goals this season (G3, A2), will be available for this match after the league administrators cancelled his second yellow card against Nice last time out. The omens look good for Angers on the H2H front too, having lost just one of the previous six top-flight H2Hs held here (W1, D4), perhaps boosting confidence of securing that third-straight league win.
- Visiting Marseille will look to build on an impressive league start (W6, D2), although their 1-1 home draw against Rennes last time out left them two points behind Ligue 1 leaders PSG. The international break perhaps came at the right time for a jaded Marseille, who had to play four games in 12 days due to their European duties, with coach Igor Tudor calling such fixture congestion “inhuman”.
- This additional recovery time should be an asset for the Olympians, who are seeking to extend their current run of two-consecutive Ligue 1 away wins ‘to nil’, in which they scored first within ten minutes on both occasions. Marseille will also benefit from the support of 500 fans, out of 1000 possible, who were finally allowed to make this trip, despite the trouble that marred this match at the Raymond-Kopa Stadium last season.
- Players to watch: Angers’ may need a lift from Adrien Hunou, who has netted in their last two home outings and led his team to a home win in each of his two personal goalscoring H2Hs. Veteran Alexis Sánchez has found a new lease of life at Marseille, and notably, a fifth Ligue 1 goal here would equal his total in 27 Serie A games last season.
- Hot stat: Marseille are one of just two Ligue 1 sides yet to concede an away goal before the hour mark this campaign.