Match Preview: Lyon – Toulouse Predictions and Betting Tips 07.10.2022
Match Preview: Lyon – Toulouse Predictions
Lyon – Toulouse Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for October 7, 2022.
League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 10
Match: 20:00 Lyon – Toulouse
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 LOST
Lyon – Toulouse Predictions and PREVIEW
- Four consecutive losses in Ligue 1 has raised the pressure on coach Peter Bosz’s shoulders, and history suggests that he could be on the verge of his last game in Lyon’s dugout if he ends up with another bad result in this match. In what could be a bad omen for Bosz, Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas decided to sack coach Sylvinho three years ago to the day (07.10.19) after a 1-0 defeat against Saint-Etienne in Ligue 1.
- After last weekend’s 1-0 loss away to Lens, Aulas stated “you have to be patient with Peter”, while adding that “a point will be made” after the game against Toulouse. On the verge of losing five straight top-flight games for the first time in over 40 years, a meeting with Toulouse may actually be a golden opportunity to avoid that scenario, considering Lyon have won the last seven H2Hs held here.
- The emerging crisis at Lyon bodes well for Toulouse though who will try to win consecutive Ligue 1 matches for the first time since 2018, after securing a 4-2 home win in the “derby d’Occitanie” against Montpellier last weekend. Coach Philippe Montanier praised his players “efficiency” on Sunday after his team conceded the opener in the seventh minute yet fought back to win, and such an attitude could make a big difference at the Groupama Stadium.
- Their biggest concern lies at the back however, as the Haute-Garonne-based side’s tally of 15 goals conceded is the same return they had at the same point in 2019/20 – a season that ended in relegation (20th). Not only that, but Les Violets’ current run of three consecutive away losses in Ligue 1 doesn’t inspire hope that they will claim their first win here since 1966 (D6, L21, since).
- Players to watch: Lyon will hope Tetê can find the net considering they’ve won all five home matches that he’s scored in. Meanwhile, Toulouse could rely on Zakaria Aboukhlal for a good start as he’s netted all three of his goals within 31 minutes this Ligue 1 campaign.
- Hot stat: 66% of Ligue 1 matches this season have seen both teams score. That’s the highest rate by far amongst the top-five European leagues.