Match Preview: Augsburg – Wolfsburg Predictions and Betting Tips 08.10.2022
Match Preview: Augsburg – Wolfsburg Predictions
Augsburg – Wolfsburg Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for October 8, 2022.
League: GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 9
Match: 14:30 Augsburg – Wolfsburg
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Augsburg – Wolfsburg Predictions and PREVIEW
- Augsburg have got on a roll with three straight Bundesliga wins either side of the international break, impressively beating Schalke 3-2 despite being reduced to ten men for the final 20 minutes. Discipline has definitely been a problem for them this term, with only Stuttgart collecting more cards than their 24 in the league so far (Y23, R1) after matchday eight, an average of three per game.
- It makes manager Enrico Maaßen’s job harder as he’s already got a lengthy injury list to deal with without losing players to suspension as they seek a repeat of last season’s 3-0 win in this fixture. They can also draw inspiration from their fine 1-0 victory here against Bayern Munich last month, which helped them consolidate a mid-table position.
- Openly criticising his Wolfsburg players by saying they weren’t “ready to show the basics you need in football,” seems to be working for manager Niko Kovač as they beat Stuttgart 3-2 last time out to lift themselves away from the relegation zone. This is still their worst eight-game start (W2, D2, L4) since 2017/18 though, so there’s plenty of work ahead for the former Bayern supremo.
- With all five of their competitive away games this term being won by the side scoring first (W2, L3), he’ll want his players to respond again and get on the front foot, although they’re yet to score before the break on the road this term. With just one league away goal this season (W1, L3), the Wolves have been largely ineffective away from the Volkswagen Arena.
- Players to watch: Ermedin Demirović has scored four goals across Augsburg’s last six Bundesliga games, three of them within the opening 35 minutes. Yannick Gerhardt’s late winner for Wolfsburg against Stuttgart was his third Bundesliga strike in his last four that completed the scoring.
- Hot stat: Augsburg are the only team yet to concede a Bundesliga goal before the 30th minute this term.