Match Preview: Montpellier – Monaco Predictions and Betting Tips 09.10.2022
Match Preview: Montpellier – Monaco Predictions
Montpellier – Monaco Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for October 8, 2022.
League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 10
Match: 12:00 Montpellier – Monaco
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 LOST
Montpellier – Monaco Predictions and PREVIEW
- Mid-table Montpellier seek to quickly recover from a 4-2 loss at Toulouse, when crowd disorder compounded a porous defensive show, as they collapsed following an early lead for the second time in three outings. In turn, Montpellier remained stuck on 12 points – four fewer than they had after nine rounds in 2018/19, when they last finished in the top-six.
- Old habits clearly die hard, as Montpellier also gave up a lead in a similarly frustrating manner during last season’s corresponding clash with Monaco. However, they pulled off a 3-2 victory on that occasion, in what was the fourth straight H2H at Stade La Mosson to see both sides score, heightening anticipation of another dramatic affair.
- In contrast, Monaco have suffered no such troubles keeping a lead, consistently staying in the driving seat once ahead across what is currently a four-game winning run in Ligue 1. Sitting in the top-five, they now look to go ten away league games without defeat, which they last managed during the incredible 2016/17 campaign that saw them stroll to the title.
- With morale further boosted by a 3-1 success over Trabzonspor on Thursday evening, Monaco can clearly fight on two fronts – as evidenced by a strong return from their four matches to immediately follow a continental clash during the current campaign (W3, D1). However, a lack of goals before the 40th minute across those games may hint at an initial rustiness following midweek exploits.
- Players to watch: Arnaud Nordin has scored first in both of Montpellier’s last two home victories. Vying with him for the spotlight is Takumi Minamino, who netted his first Ligue 1 goal on Monaco’s last road trip, with the strike in question meaning that three of his last five goals have changed the scoreline to 2-0 for his side on the day.
- Hot stat: Monaco’s only away league goals conceded (two) have arrived between the 61st-75th minute.
Match Preview: Belarus - Switzerland Predictions and Betting Tips 25.03.2023
Match Preview: Japan - Uruguay Predictions and Betting Tips 24.03.2023
Match Preview: Denmark - Finland Predictions and Betting Tips 23.03.2023
Match Preview: Sierra Leone - Sao Tome and Principe Predictions and Betting Tips 22.03.2023