Match Preview: Bristol City – Preston Predictions and Betting Tips 12.10.2022
Match Preview: Bristol City – Preston Predictions
Bristol City – Preston Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for October 12, 2022.
League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 9
Match: 19:45 Bristol City – Preston
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Bristol City – Preston Predictions and PREVIEW
- Following a 3-0 defeat at the hands of Birmingham City last time out, Bristol City manager Nigel Pearson lamented ‘passengers’ within his team in a ‘very poor’ display. Very few appear to be along for the ride with him at the minute though, as the Robins are now winless in their last five Championship games (D1, L4), a run of form that leaves them just four points above the relegation zone.
- Returning to the home comforts of Ashton Gate may be just the tonic Pearson’s players need, as that’s where his side have collected ten of their 15 points this season. The visit of Preston North End may scupper any positivity though, as this is a fixture the Robins have won just once since February 2011 (D8, L9 in that time)!
- Ryan Lowe’s men are bound to be full of confidence for their visit to Bristol though, as his outfit finally found their shooting boots to come from behind and beat high-flying Norwich City 3-2 on Saturday. Facing out-of-form opposition will be a good test of the Lilywhites’ newly-found scoring capabilities, as their triple against the Canaries makes up almost half of their seven-goal total this term, which remains the lowest in the division.
- Playing away from Deepdale certainly seems to suit Preston who boast the fourth best travelling record in the division (W3, D3). North End remain the only side yet to lose a Championship road trip and have conceded just twice from their six away games so far this season, so there’s plenty of reasons to be optimistic for the Lancashire side.
- Players to watch: Bristol City striker Nahki Wells has scored both of his side’s last two goals, and has netted four times against Preston in his career. One of the obstacles in his way will be North End skipper Alan Browne, who has lost just once in his 14 meetings with the Robins (W6, D7).
- Hot stat: Ryan Lowe is yet to face off with Bristol City as a manager, but failed to win any of his four personal meetings with them as a player (D2, L2).