Match Preview: Apollon – AZ Alkmaar Predictions and Betting Tips 13.10.2022
Match Preview: Apollon – AZ Alkmaar Predictions
Apollon – AZ Alkmaar Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for October 13, 2022.
League: EUROPA CONFERENCE LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE – ROUND 4
Match: 17:45 Apollon – AZ Alkmaar
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 WON!!!
Apollon – AZ Alkmaar Predictions and PREVIEW
- At the halfway point of this UEFA Europa Conference League (UECL) group stage, Cypriot champions Apollon Limassol could leave themselves with too much to do if they fail to win again (D1, L2). Showing heart to come from behind to equalise twice before eventually losing out 3-2 to AZ Alkmaar last week suggests that Apollon could perhaps do better at home, although a failure to progress from four straight European group stages suggests that they will struggle yet again.
- Those two equalising goals last week were Apollon’s first ever against Dutch opponents, but they’ve now lost all five of their games against Netherlands-based teams, conceding exactly three goals per match on average. If that didn’t damage confidence sufficiently, then Apollon’s overall 15% win rate in European group stage home games (W2, D4, L7) will ensure the hosts are well aware of the task on their hands here.
- Posting positive results appears to be as easy as A-B-C for AZ this season, with Pascal Jansen’s men remaining at the summit of the Eredivisie after a mightily impressive 2-1 away win at solid Dutch side Utrecht last time out. That result means they’ve still lost just once all season (W15, D2) and by currently sitting top of Group E with maximum points, AZ could seal progression with victory here.
- The Cheese Heads are no strangers to European football, with this edition likely being their ninth progression from 14 overall attempts in group stages. There’s plenty of reason for confidence in the AZ ranks then, and a recent resurgence in away group form (W2, D2) despite losing eight of their last 15 European away games, suggests that they may well justify favouritism.
- Players to watch: Apollon’s Dutch midfielder, Patrick Joosten, has played a part in four goals against AZ between the previous group H2H and his Eredivisie playing days, yet won just once (W1, D3, L3). On the other hand, AZ’s Dani de Wit has contributed to nine goals in as many European appearances this term (G7, A2), including scoring the sole goal in a pair of 1-0 wins.
- Hot stat: Four of AZ’s last five competitive games produced at least two first-half goals.