Match Preview: Strasbourg – Lille Predictions and Betting Tips 14.10.2022
Match Preview: Strasbourg – Lille Predictions
Strasbourg – Lille Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for October 14, 2022.
League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 11
Match: 20:00 Strasbourg – Lille
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:3 WON!!!
Strasbourg – Lille Predictions and PREVIEW
- It took ten Ligue 1 rounds before Strasbourg finally celebrated their first league win of the season as they beat Angers 3-2 in the last round, and that was despite coach Julien Stéphan’s absence from the dugout due to a bout of COVID-19. While it took some time to get that first win on the board, Strasbourg have still proven hard to beat this season (W1, D5, L4), and that result certainly increased the value of their five draws by pushing them up into the lower mid-table.
- Could this victory now be the beginning of a positive streak? Last season, ‘Le Racing’ also won away at Angers (0-1) which sparked a nine-game run without defeat in Ligue 1 (W3, D6), albeit that was a streak that was bookended by a 1-0 loss against none other than Lille in April! Fans will certainly hope for better this time around, especially as the last time Strasbourg failed to win their opening six home games of a top-flight campaign back in 2005/06, they were relegated.
- Lille find themselves two points off the European spots after alternating between wins and losses over their last eight matches (W4, L4), ending on a positive note with a 1-0 win in the “Derby du Nord” against Lens last weekend. Reverting once again to a loss would obviously harm Lille’s hopes of getting back into European contention, whilst also adding to their current tally of ten Ligue 1 losses this calendar year, their most since 2018.
- The visitors will therefore look to rediscover the form that saw them go unbeaten in their first three matches on the road this season (W2, D1), until a brace of 2-1 away losses against Marseille and Lorient stopped that early momentum. The omens look good for Lille on the H2H front however, as they’ve won the previous three top-flight H2Hs at the Stade de la Meinau.
- Players to watch: Strasbourg’s Alexander Djiku will be hoping for a positive start to celebrate his 200th Ligue 1 appearance, and he has opened the scoring with his previous four league goals. Lille could rely on Jonathan David for their own good start after he scored before half-time in four of his five goalscoring Ligue 1 matches in 2022/23, as well as in the corresponding H2H last season.
- Hot streak: The last five competitive H2Hs held here have featured a 1-0 scoreline either way at half-time.