Match Preview: Girona – Cadiz CF Predictions and Betting Tips 15.10.2022
Match Preview: Girona – Cadiz CF Predictions
Girona – Cadiz CF Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for October 15, 2022.
League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 9
Match: 13:00 Girona – Cadiz CF
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Girona – Cadiz CF Predictions and PREVIEW
- Girona became the fourth club of this La Liga (LL) campaign to suffer three consecutive losses, albeit with a bold effort against Atlético Madrid (1-2) in which they regained some of the “aggression” manager Míchel called for after conceding five goals to Real Sociedad. All three losses have been to clubs sixth or higher going into this round, so a meeting with lowly Cádiz should be a more accurate reflection of where they sit in the opening quarter of 2022/23.
- Míchel took the blame for last weekend’s defeat from a tactical standpoint, as an eighth consecutive failure to secure a clean sheet thwarted the hard work of a fifth straight goalscoring effort (W1, D1, L3). Having conceded exactly one goal in each LL game prior to those three losses to strong opposition, Girona should be confident of an improved defensive showing, the like of which they’ve displayed in home wins over Cádiz in other competitions across the three previous seasons (2-0 and 2-1).
- Despite beginning this round still trapped in the relegation zone, whilst enduring their worst eight-game start of their three-season stint in the top flight (W1, D2, L5), Cádiz appear to have put their losing habits behind them. Their current three-game undefeated run (W1, D2) – their longest in this competition since February-March 2022 – includes two contests with clubs joining them and Girona in the bottom half of the table at the start of the round, so there is reason for confidence with manager Sergio González stating that “the team continues to take steps forward”.
- Their mid-September win at Valladolid currently means that this is Cádiz’s third consecutive season where they have collected more LL points on the road than at home, suggesting the “nothing to lose” mentality that often comes with travelling continues to suit them, even despite the persistent pressures of near-relegation at this level.
- Players to watch: Rodrigo Riquelme became the first Girona player this LL season to score their opening goal twice, having now done so in back-to-back appearances. Cádiz are still searching for their first goal of the season from midfielder Álex Fernández, although he was their last goalscorer against Girona.
- Hot stat: The pre-match favourite has won all but one of the eight games (D1) involving Girona this LL season.