Match Preview: Celta Vigo – Real Sociedad Predictions and Betting Tips 16.10.2022
Match Preview: Celta Vigo – Real Sociedad Predictions
Celta Vigo – Real Sociedad Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for October 16, 2022.
League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 9
Match: 13:00 Celta Vigo – Real Sociedad
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: Pending
Celta Vigo – Real Sociedad Predictions and PREVIEW
- Celta Vigo certainly didn’t disgrace themselves at the Camp Nou in the last round, even if they couldn’t put an end to Barcelona’s six consecutive La Liga (LL) wins to nil. A 0-1 loss was far prettier than the 1-4 loss that upcoming opponents Real Sociedad suffered at home to Barça earlier in the season and that is perhaps a formline they can draw strength from as they look for a third consecutive LL home win.
- Also in their favour is a clean bill of health on the injury front which should allow manager Eduardo Coudet the opportunity to field what he likely considers his best XI for a second game running after Iago Aspas’ return to the starting lineup last week. That should place Celta in a strong position to claim another big scalp after conquering UEFA Champions League chasing Betis 1-0 a fortnight ago.
- Sociedad are in commanding winning form and are handling the unprecedented and hectic schedule of October with distinction. While Celta boss Coudet prefers a settled XI, Sociedad manager Imanol Alguacil changed half of his starting XI from last weekend’s 1-0 win against Villarreal in their 3-0 victory against Sheriff Tiraspol in midweek, a result which extended their winning streak across all competitions to six matches.
- Alguacil immediately turned his attention to the weekend after their midweek European success, describing this assignment as “a very tough game against a rival that pushes a lot”. Yet Sociedad should feel confident of overcoming this challenge having travelled strong this season, and as one of four clubs with at least three LL away wins (W3, L1) after the first eight rounds, they have every reason to believe they can secure a fourth straight LL win away to Celta.
- Players to watch: Aspas has a score to settle with Sociedad after 2021/22 was his first season since 2012/13 in which he made at least two appearances against the club without scoring a goal. But all eyes will undoubtedly be on Brais Méndez, who makes his debut against the club he represented more than 200 times at both senior and reserve level having already exceeded his goal tally of 2021/22 off the back of four consecutive LL goalscoring appearances.
- Hot stat: The pre-match favourite has a near-perfect W7, D1 record in LL matches involving Celta Vigo this season.
Match Preview: Belarus - Switzerland Predictions and Betting Tips 25.03.2023
Match Preview: Japan - Uruguay Predictions and Betting Tips 24.03.2023
Match Preview: Denmark - Finland Predictions and Betting Tips 23.03.2023
Match Preview: Sierra Leone - Sao Tome and Principe Predictions and Betting Tips 22.03.2023