Match Preview: Bournemouth – Southampton Predictions and Betting Tips 19.10.2022
Match Preview: Bournemouth – Southampton Predictions
Bournemouth – Southampton Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for October 19, 2022.
League: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 12
Match: 19:30 Bournemouth – Southampton
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
Bournemouth – Southampton Predictions and PREVIEW
- A commendable 2-2 draw at Fulham over the weekend served to extend the 100% unbeaten record of Bournemouth interim boss Gary O’Neil to an impressive six games (W2, D4). Chatter continues to grow around whether O’Neil will be given the job on a permanent basis, but the picture will become more clear once the club’s impending takeover is complete.
- History is on the line for the Cherries as just one more unbeaten game would match their club-record seven-game Premier League (PL) unbeaten run from the 2017/18 campaign. Such an outcome would perhaps be made that much sweeter against South Coast rivals Southampton, yet they’ve only beaten them twice since the turn of the century (D4, L8).
- While Southampton fans may not see this game as a rivalry in the same way that the Cherries faithful might, they’ll be desperate to get one over their relative neighbours to escape the relegation zone. A run of two wins from the opening ten PL rounds has left many questioning boss Ralph Hasenhüttl’s job security, yet he posted an identical return at this stage in 2019/20 and his side went on to finish 11th.
- If Southampton’s resurgence is to begin here, they’re going to have to find at least a couple of goals to secure a win, or end a run of 19 straight PL away games without a clean sheet. The Saints have looked more like sinners on the road of late though, losing ‘to nil’ in each of their last three away games, yet two narrow defeats to Wolves and Villa suggest that even if they lose again it shouldn’t be a landslide.
- Players to watch: Dominic Solanke has already notched more PL goal contributions this season (G2, A3) than he did in 32 appearances during Bournemouth’s last relegation campaign. As for Southampton, Ché Adams scored both goals in their only away win this season and he also registered a goal contribution in both of his PL appearances against the Cherries.
- Hot stat: Bournemouth have failed to win 12 of their last 14 PL games played on a Wednesday (D3, L9).