Match Preview: Rayo Vallecano – Cadiz CF Predictions and Betting Tips 22.10.2022
Match Preview: Rayo Vallecano – Cadiz CF Predictions
Rayo Vallecano – Cadiz CF Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for October 22, 2022.
League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 11
Match: 13:00 Rayo Vallecano – Cadiz CF
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 5:1 WIN!!!
Rayo Vallecano – Cadiz CF Predictions and PREVIEW
- Rayo Vallecano kept their place in the top half of the La Liga (LL) standings after ten rounds after Radamel Falcao haunted former club Atlético Madrid with an injury-time equaliser (1-1), as Vallecano took league points from the giants for the first time since 2014/15. Having already lost to Mallorca (0-2) and Almería (1-3) earlier in the season however, Rayo’s challenge is to now assert their authority over struggling opposition as Cádiz come to town.
- Manager Andoni Iraola was rapt with his team’s second-half efforts, attributing their success to not conceding a two-goal deficit – which they’ve done in three of their four LL defeats to date (W3, D3). They are, however, still in the habit of leaving their goals a little late, illustrated by four of their 11 LL strikes being scored after 75 minutes, including last week’s last-gasp equaliser.
- Whilst it hasn’t been enough to lift them out of the relegation zone, Cádiz’s five-game LL unbeaten stretch (W1, D4) is a significant improvement on the 14 straight goals they conceded when opening the LL season with five losses. Describing his resurgent side as “in a very good phase” and “with very good feelings”, Cádiz manager Sergio González believes all that is lacking now is the ability to take advantage of opportunities and with that, the results will soon follow.
- They’ve now completed back-to-back LL away trips without conceding a goal from open play – a feat Cádiz had not managed since April 2022 in league football – which may be a source of encouragement for Sergio, who hadn’t yet taken charge of the club when they fell 1-3 away to Vallecano in the last LL campaign during the midst of a seven-game winless spell.
- Players to watch: Falcao was a first-half goalscorer in his only meeting with Cádiz – that aforementioned 3-1 home victory. Álex Fernández – Cádiz’s last LL scorer – has never scored from nearly 500 minutes of competitive football against Rayo, but has taken points from each of his eight appearances (W2, D6).
- Hot streak: All ten of Cádiz’s LL fixtures this season have produced no more than one first-half goal.