Match Preview: Angers – Rennes Predictions and Betting Tips 23.10.2022
Match Preview: Angers – Rennes Predictions
Angers – Rennes Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for October 23, 2022.
League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 12
Match: 12:00 Angers – Rennes
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
Rayo Vallecano – Cadiz CF Predictions and PREVIEW
- Three defeats in a row have piled the pressure on Angers boss Gérald Baticle, whose 50th game in charge ended in misery thanks to a 3-2 reversal at Toulouse on Saturday. The manager insisted that he hasn’t seen his “players give up”, but they sat in 19th place in Ligue 1 at the culmination of match day 11 after a run of seven defeats in their last nine outings (W2).
- In reality, SCO’s league position comes as no surprise, given they have finished no higher than ninth since returning to the French top flight for the 2015/16 campaign. However, what is a huge worry is their defensive frailties, as their total of 27 goals conceded is the most in the division, including 14 in just six home matches (W1, D1, L4).
- The visit of Rennes to the Stade Raymond Kopa will therefore do little to lift the mood, as ‘Les Rouge et Noir’ have won 13 of the 21 league meetings between the two sides (D3, L5), giving them their biggest win percentage (61.9%) against any team they have faced in more than five Ligue 1 games. As if that’s not enough, Bruno Génésio’s side are fifth in the table and challenging for a Champions League spot after coming from behind to beat Lyon 3-2 at the weekend, meaning they are now chasing a sixth successive win for the first time since December 2018 to January 2019.
- The manager did say his players had “little strength left” by the end of that game, already their fifth of the month. With three more to come in October, he has stated there is not much recovery time, but tiredness does not appear to be a problem for a side who have scored 22 of their 30 goals in all competitions this season after half-time!
- Players to watch: Angers striker Sofiane Boufal has scored his second most number of goals against Rennes, netting three times in six league meetings (W3, D2, L1), but also picking up one of his three career red cards in the process. Meanwhile Martin Terrier, who has netted seven times in his last eight games for Rennes, has scored three goals in 11 league H2H clashes with SCO (W5, D2, L4).
- Hot stat: There’s been three or more goals in nine of Angers’ last ten Ligue 1 matches and also in seven of Rennes’ last ten.