Match Preview: Lazio – Midtjylland Predictions and Betting Tips 27.10.2022
Match Preview: Lazio – Midtjylland Predictions
Lazio – Midtjylland Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for October 27, 2022.
League: EUROPA LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE – ROUND 5
Match: 17:45 Lazio – Midtjylland
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Lazio – Midtjylland Predictions and PREVIEW
- With all four teams in UEFA Europa League (UEL) Group F locked on five points, progression or elimination isn’t possible for any side on matchday five but both Lazio and Midtjylland know that three points could be massive to their knockout hopes. The Italians won’t want anything but progression in their record-equalling tenth UEL group stage appearance as they arrive on the back of an unbeaten seven-game run (W4, D3) which has lifted them to third in Serie A. That run saw Lazio concede just twice and showcasing that defensive grit again could be handy in a group that is so tight goal difference could end up being a deciding factor.
- Both those goals were incidentally conceded in their last UEL game where Lazio twice squandered the lead in a 2-2 draw against Sturm Graz. Lazio’s defence wasn’t so water-tight in the reverse fixture either, as Maurizio Sarri’s side lost 5-1 against Midtjylland on matchday two – the first time Lazio conceded five goals in Europe since April 2000.
- Unsurprisingly after that mauling, Midtjylland are above Lazio on goal difference and are no strangers to tight UEL campaigns having finished third last season from a group that saw the top-three separated by just two points. Finishing at least a spot better this time will undoubtedly be the target, and on the back of a ten-game unbeaten run (W5, D5) that keeps them fifth in their domestic league, confidence will surely be high. Midtjylland have demonstrated a different side of their game since that win over Lazio, showcasing their strong jaw in their consecutive 2-2 UEL draws against Feyenoord, fighting back from behind in both games.
- Transferring their impressive current form onto the road remains a tricky hurdle to overcome, with just two wins across their last 14 away European games (D5, L7). A trip to Rome perhaps isn’t an ideal place to arrest that slide either, having lost 5-0 against Napoli on their only prior UEL visit to Italy – a side who were coincidentally coached by Sarri at the time!
- Players to watch: Pedro assisted Lazio’s first goal at the weekend and after his goal in the last UEL game, he could now score in successive European games for the first time since May 2019. Meanwhile, Midtjylland’s Evander has scored three times across his last two games and was the creator-in-chief in their 5-1 win against Lazio by scoring one and assisting three.
- Hot stat: Lazio have kept 12 first-half clean sheets in their last 15 matches.
Match Preview: Belarus - Switzerland Predictions and Betting Tips 25.03.2023
Match Preview: Japan - Uruguay Predictions and Betting Tips 24.03.2023
Match Preview: Denmark - Finland Predictions and Betting Tips 23.03.2023
Match Preview: Sierra Leone - Sao Tome and Principe Predictions and Betting Tips 22.03.2023