Match Preview: Almeria – Celta Vigo Predictions and Betting Tips 28.10.2022
Match Preview: Almeria – Celta Vigo Predictions
Almeria – Celta Vigo Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for October 29, 2022.
League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 12
Match: 13:00 Almeria – Celta Vigo
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:1 WON!!!
Almeria – Celta Vigo Predictions and PREVIEW
- After losing 2-1 to ten-man Villarreal in dramatic circumstances last time out, conceding with what was virtually the last kick of the game, Almería welcome Celta Vigo on a bit of a downer. The newly-promoted side, who last featured in La Liga (LL) in 2014/15 perhaps showed some top-flight inexperience in that contest as they squandered the lead, a point further backed up by a five-game streak of alternating results (W2, L3).
- Almería have managed to put together a decent run at the Power Horse Stadium though, winning three of their last five home league games (L2). In fact, Almería beat Girona 3-2 in a relegation ‘six-pointer’ last time they featured here, marking consecutive home contests in which they’ve galloped into a three-goal lead by half-time, and a repeat would stand them in good stead to secure a victory in their first meeting with Celta in almost seven years.
- Celta stopped the rot last time out, ending a three-match losing streak in LL with a 1-1 draw against Getafe, though they can’t rest easy just yet as they are only two points above the drop zone. Sky Blues defender Joseph Aidoo may have scored an 89th-minute equaliser in that contest, but he was less than satisfied with the result, stating that “the fans miss winning’’ ahead of this contest.
- Aidoo may have a point, as Celta have lost each of their four LL away games since beating Girona 1-0 in their away league opener, with only Elche conceding more goals on their travels this league campaign. A lack of goals at the other end has also proved problematic, with the Galician club scoring one goal or none in their last eight games on the road, which could hinder visions of a top half LL finish for just a second time in seven years.
- Key battle: Still without a clean sheet this term, Almería will look towards goalkeeper Fernando Pacheco to guide them towards victory. He’s conceded six goals in 12 contests against Celta marksman Iago Aspas, and he’ll need to be alive to his threat once again, as the forward has two goal contributions from his last three outings (G1, A1).
- Hot streak: Celta haven’t won a league contest when conceding first since May 2021 (D3, L21)!