Match Preview: Elche – Getafe Predictions and Betting Tips 31.10.2022
Match Preview: Elche – Getafe Predictions
Elche – Getafe Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for October 31, 2022.
League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 12
Match: 21:00 Elche – Getafe
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
Elche – Getafe Predictions and PREVIEW
- La Liga (LL) strugglers Elche are setting records for all the wrong reasons after they drew 2-2 with Espanyol last time out in a result that keeps them winless after 11 rounds of any league for the first time this century. Though manager Jorge Almirón, who extended his personal winless streak to 19 LL games with that stalemate, is refusing to panic and asked his players for “tranquillity” as they prepare to welcome Getafe.
- Elche are now the only winless LL team this term and have conceded 26 goals after just 11 games, an unwanted league high. Perhaps unsurprisingly that sees Elche stuck rock bottom in the table, though they can gain some heart from scoring first-half match openers in four of their last five league outings, albeit failing to even hold the lead until half-time on three of those occasions (D3, L1).
- Elche will see this as a true six-pointer then, as their visitors hover immediately above the dropzone, and six points above them. Getafe themselves are now five league games without a win (D3, L2) and it’s fair to say that Azulones boss Quique Sánchez Flores was pretty distraught after conceding a last-gasp equaliser in a 1-1 draw to Celta, describing the result as ‘’painful’’ for his side.
- With three top-eight finishes between 2017/18 – 2019/20, Getafe’s LL status once looked certain, but having finished just one point from demotion last season, the threat of relegation is very real. They’ll want to get themselves back on track here but with both teams drawing three of their last five league contests and the latest H2H record (W2, D1, L2) offering little clue, this seems an extremely unpredictable tie!
- Key battle: Elche defender Carlos Clerc has set a LL record after going 32 games without victory, though he has kept three shutouts from his six career appearances against this opponent. He’ll be keeping tabs on Getafe’s Enes Ünal, but there might be little he can do if the marksman hits another fantastic free-kick goal to open the scoring as he has done twice this season, including last time out versus Celta.
- Hot streak: Getafe’s last seven LL goals have been struck by different scorers.